Recommends / Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
A comparison of Belgian and Dutch ports. Rotterdam is busiest, with 12.3m teu throughput in 2016, ...
News / PSA saw global container throughput grow 5.5% last year
Singapore’s terminal operator PSA today reported that it handled 67.63m teu across both its international ...
News / Port of Antwerp bucks regional trend as it passes 10m teu marker in 2016
In 2016, the port of Antwerp will have handled more than 10m teu for the ...
People / Jacques Vandermeiren new CEO of Port of Antwerp
Port of Antwerp has appointed Jacques Vandermeiren as its new chief executive. Mr Vandermeiren’s appointment – ...
News / Strong Q3 sees port of Rotterdam bounce back ahead of alliance network rejig
Container throughput at the port of Rotterdam edged down just 0.4% in the first nine ...
News / Bullish Rotterdam convinced new terminals can win back box business lost to Antwerp
The port of Rotterdam is confident that it will regain container business lost to neighbouring ...
News / Shippers blame ULCVs for causing congestion and delays at European hub ports
Despite a reduction in weekly capacity and port calls on the main Asia-Europe trade, both ...
News / Big is beautiful when it comes to containerships, a myth says ocean freight industry
Ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) are neither beautiful or desirable, and even their green credentials are ...
News / Hamburg overtaken by Antwerp and relegated to third place in European box port rankings
The port of Hamburg saw the number of containers processed at its terminals in 2015 ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times