Recommends / 'Major blaze' on APL containership off South Africa
Emergency maritime services in South Africa have been working over the past couple of days ...
Recommends / Has NOL acquisition come at a heavy price for CMA CGM?
CMA CGM’s finances have always verged on the opaque in comparison with its listed peers, ...
News / CMA CGM stays positive, despite 'unsatisfactory' third-quarter results
CMA CGM reported a $268m net loss in the third quarter, despite efforts to focus ...
News / CMA CGM looks to save $1 billion in costs after losses in a 'difficult' second quarter
After posting a second-quarter net loss of $128m, French shipping line CMA CGM has drawn ...
News / Rough seas ahead as container shipping faces a peak season 'washout'
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe have lost a big chunk of last week’s ...
People / CMA CGM executives move into NOL boardroom as takeover completes
As NOL became a subsidiary of CMA CGM, following the completion of the acquisition last week, ...
Recommends / NOL did not adapt fast enough, says CEO
A frank assessment of where it all went wrong for APL owner NOL, from its ...
News / Carriers pin hopes on mid-month Asia-Europe price hike after GRI gains fade again
Container spot rates on the headhaul westbound Asia-Europe trades this week again reversed general rate increase-led ...
News / EC clears CMA CGM bid to buy APL, but it must withdraw carrier from G6 alliance
The European Commission’s competition directorate has cleared CMA CGM’s acquisition of Singapore line APL and ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times