Bankruptcy Blues Headlines
News / Shipping can and must prevent another bankruptcy, says FMC chief Doyle
The entire shipping industry – carriers and their customers and suppliers – need to come together to ...
News / Hanjin collapse and weak charter market blamed as Danaos sinks into the red
Greek containership owner Danaos slumped to a $366m loss in 2016 after a $117m profit the previous ...
News / Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
In a further move to reassure shippers of its continued financial viability, Taiwanese container line Yang Ming ...
News / Rickmers in plea to creditors for help to escape going under as debts mount
Beleaguered panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) has pleaded with its creditors for help to ...
News / With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has continued to pick at the bones of erstwhile compatriot Hanjin, ...
News / Hanjin parent may be liable as port of New York pension fund joins debtor queue
As debt claims against bankrupt South Korean carrier Hanjin Shipping continue to mount in both ...
News / Yang Ming: reports of our impending financial death have been greatly exaggerated
Yang Ming today sought to reassure customers and suppliers on its solvency as a global ...
News / Hyundai announces plan to recruit ex-Hanjin staff and seafarers
South Korea’s remaining deepsea container shipping line, Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM), today announced a recruitment ...
News / Hanjin Shipping postpones first meeting with creditors claiming $26 billion
Hanjin Shipping has postponed its first meeting with creditors – owed around $26 billion – until ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 3. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 4. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times
- 5. P Balasubramanian on What yesteryear's air cargo market can teach us about today