Recommends / Etihad and Lufthansa eye merger, while other airlines face big changes
A few interesting snippets out of the major airlines this week. Hot off the press ...
News / Cargo crime rates climb as recession pushes Brazilian demand for stolen goods
Freight crime in Brazil soared in the third quarter this year, as criminals took advantage ...
Recommends / ‘There’s no law on the Amazon’: river pirates terrorise ships by night
We’re always on the look-out for new piracy hotspots, and it appears the vast inland ...
Recommends / Brazil lifts foreign ownership cap for airlines, as India relaxes its rules
Brazil has followed India in lowering the foreign ownership cap on airlines – non-Brazilian companies ...
News / 'Outlook dim for Latin America trade in 2016', but Mexico is still shining
Trade prospects for Latin America are looking distinctly dim this year, according to a recent ...
News / Brazil's Viracopos Airport aims high and looks to higher-value cargo to rebuild momentum
Brazil’s Viracopos Airport is eyeing a business boost from more-valuable cargo that has special handling requirements. Two recent ...
News / Smaller aircraft are taking off, along with predicted boom in express air cargo
The widebody freighter market may be under yield and demand pressure, but narrowbodies are becoming ...
Recommends / Firm trying to block approval of FedEx-TNT merger in Brazil may be UPS
It looks as if UPS is trying to throw a spanner in the works of FedEx’s ...
News / Fear of corruption now the biggest obstruction to doing business in emerging markets
Corruption has been identified as the single biggest concern for companies doing business in emerging ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 3.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times