Calculating Capacity Headlines
News / Capacity crunch on box ships to Asia: Maersk first to stop taking bookings, as air freight awaits boost
Maersk Line today stopped booking export containers from Europe to Asia and the Middle East, according to market ...
News / There's a 'window of opportunity” for container lines to delay newbuild deliveries
Container lines should follow the example of Maersk Line and negotiate deferring new vessel deliveries. Analyst Drewry says ...
News / Asia-Europe container trade to see more capacity reductions in bid to prevent rates slump
The traditional seasonal slump in Asia-Europe container freight rates could be avoided this year, as ...
News / 'Balancing supply and demand the way to keep container shipping sector afloat'
More work is required to address the issues of overcapacity and weak growth in the ...
News / Capacity cuts as Asia-ECNA ocean freight volumes fall for first time in half a decade
Ocean freight carriers have cut capacity on Asia-east coast North America (ECNA) routes, reporting unprecedented ...
Recommends / Boeing: China will be first $1 trillion aviation market
If you are frightened of overcapacity in the airline industry, it’s probably best not to ...
News / Maersk upgrades E-class containerships to bolster capacity
Maersk Line is upgrading its eight E-class 15,550 teu vessels to load a further 1,300 teu. Raising ...
News / Scrapping not enough to halt rates slide – 'stop ordering so many new ships'
The world’s container shipping lines have been scrapping and laying-up increasing numbers of vessels to ...
News / Forwarders see dark skies for airfreight as Emirates raises prices 'to make operations viable'
Emirates SkyCargo says it has been forced to raise its rates as it struggles to ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times