Cargo Crime Headlines
News / The shipping industry and tomorrow's technology faces a serious threat from cyber crime
Cyber crime is likely to delay the introduction of autonomous ships for several years – ...
News / Cargo crime rates climb as recession pushes Brazilian demand for stolen goods
Freight crime in Brazil soared in the third quarter this year, as criminals took advantage ...
News / Tougher security pushes US cargo crime gangs towards lower-value loot
Heightened security measures in the US means cargo thieves are targeting lower-value commodities. A 38% dip in cargo ...
News / TAPA call for more secure parking for trucks across Europe as cargo crime soars
Transport security organisation TAPA is launching a new initiative across Europe in a bid to stem ...
Recommends / 200lbs of cocaine – an aristocrat sugar trader’s nightmare
This article introduced us to a new freight phrase: “rip-off modality”. This is defined as ...
Recommends / With cargo theft on the rise, retailers must focus on protecting their goods
Cautionary article from the website of the US retailer organisation, the National Retail Federation, in ...
News / Unsecured parking areas still the most likely hot-spots for cargo crime
Secure parking remains one of the most important methods to prevent theft, according to the ...
News / Liability warning to forwarders and hauliers after hijacked tobacco court case ruling
Freight forwarders and hauliers discovered this week that they may be liable for cargo thefts during transit ...
News / Macy's logistics exec faces jail after admitting $3.5m shipping scam
A logistics executive at the heart of one of the US’s most venerable retailers has ...
- 1.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 2.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 2. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 3. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 4. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times
- 5. P Balasubramanian on What yesteryear's air cargo market can teach us about today