Cargo Safety Headlines
News / Dockworkers protesting over cargo lashing by ships' crews plan demo outside Unifeeder HQ
Dockworkers are planning a “noisy and active” protest outside the Aarhus headquarters of Europe’s largest ...
Recommends / US exporters do not need to weigh containers for SOLAS, says USCG
The US Coast Guard (USCG), which this week added further confusion to the soon-to-be enforced ...
Recommends / Thousands of unsafe ‘hoverboards’ detained over past seven weeks
In the UK, the faintly ridiculous sight of grown men and women trying to navigate ...
News / The bag that can absorb a bomb blast in a ULD could be a boost for air cargo security
Air cargo security could have an additional layer from next year, following the development of ...
Comment / Time for IMO to tie down the rules on how to secure containers on ever-larger ships
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has acted on container weights, amending the Safety of Life ...
Abusing dangerous goods shipping rules should be a criminal offence, says IATA
IATA members have called on governments to criminalise the act of shipping misdeclared dangerous goods. In ...
Comment / Economics, conflict of interest and the risks of substandard box construction
So many, if not all, elements of container transport are these days are under the ...
News / Warning to buyers on shipping container safety – it all hinges on the detail
Caveat emptor (buyer beware) is the warning from the TT Club to those in the ...
News / Freight forwarders face liability for cargo damage during unauthorised loading
Freight forwarders on fixed-price contracts with shippers should ensure they brief staff – and any ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 3.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times