News / Capacity cuts reward container lines as rates hold steady on east-west trades
Carriers were rewarded for their proactivity in the run-up to Chinese New Year, heading off ...
Recommends / CMA CGM and Cosco sign port partnership ahead of Ocean Alliance launch
This intriguing new phase of terminal alliances appears to be gathering steam rather quickly. Drewry’s ...
News / CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
CMA CGM and China Cosco are the two most likely carriers to buy OOCL, should its ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / 'A great win' for London Gateway as CMA CGM adds services, while logistics park expands
CMA CGM is set to significantly increase the volumes of reefer containers it puts through ...
News / A new 'golden age' for box shipping profits, but beware new competition, warns Drewry
Maersk Line today announced a raft of increased FAK (freight all kinds) rates from Asia ...
Comment / ANALYSIS: can CMA CGM stay afloat after NOL buy, or will it mean an IPO at last?
From time to time, the family that runs French shipping line CMA CGM, the Saades, ...
News / Container shipping needs huge wave of redundancies to get back to profitability
The global container shipping industry needs to reduce its land-based workforce by 31,000 to improve efficiency, ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 5.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates