News / 'A great win' for London Gateway as CMA CGM adds services, while logistics park expands
CMA CGM is set to significantly increase the volumes of reefer containers it puts through ...
News / A new 'golden age' for box shipping profits, but beware new competition, warns Drewry
Maersk Line today announced a raft of increased FAK (freight all kinds) rates from Asia ...
Comment / ANALYSIS: can CMA CGM stay afloat after NOL buy, or will it mean an IPO at last?
From time to time, the family that runs French shipping line CMA CGM, the Saades, ...
News / Container shipping needs huge wave of redundancies to get back to profitability
The global container shipping industry needs to reduce its land-based workforce by 31,000 to improve efficiency, ...
News / CMA CGM stays positive, despite 'unsatisfactory' third-quarter results
CMA CGM reported a $268m net loss in the third quarter, despite efforts to focus ...
News / Carriers pin their hopes for 2017 contracts on spot rates holding firm
The next six weeks are critical for Asia-Europe carriers as they try to nail down ...
News / Ocean Alliance toe hits the water first with early publication of pro-forma network
The Ocean Alliance, which next April will be the biggest of the three vessel-sharing alliances, ...
News / CMA CGM presses ahead on LNG ships as WSC calls for new roadmap on emissions
Global shipping representatives have called on the International Maritime Organization (IMO) to develop a new roadmap ...
News / Silver lining for carriers may be in sight as clouds over Asia-N Europe rates begin to clear
Container shipping rates on the main east-west trades rose this week, reversing two weeks of ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 5.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals