Emissions & Omissions Headlines
Recommends / UPS drivers don’t turn left—and it saves them 10 million gallons of gas a year
In countries which drive on the right hand side of the road, it is more ...
News / World's biggest shippers don't grasp supply chain impact on climate change
The world’s largest corporations are failing to work with supply chain partners on climate change, according ...
Recommends / Pressure on diesel vehicles in cities rises
City governments are upping the ante on reducing vehicle emissions and improving air quality, including ...
News / ETI agrees to fund development of wind-power systems to cut cargo ship emissions
The Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) will fund development of flettner rotor systems for cargo vessels, ...
News / Supply chain operators hit back as new technology comes under attack
Supply chain leaders have defended their adoption of new technologies following the World Economic Forum ...
News / 'LNG won't save us from harmful emissions, but it is a bridge to cleaner fuels'
Classification society DNV GL has dismissed claims that using LNG (liquefied natural gas) to power ...
News / LNG fuel for ships is greener than oil: engine maker hits back at 'no savings' claims
Leading engine manufacturer Wärtsilä has disputed claims that using LNG (liquefied natural gas) would result ...
News / War of words over whether LNG as a ship fuel is greener than low-sulphur oil
Liquefied natural gas (LNG) as a fuel-type presents a false dawn in shipping’s attempt to ...
News / Anger at IMO 'betrayal' as it delays enforcing CO2 emission cuts for seven years
Environmental groups and European politicians have rounded on the International Maritime Organization (IMO) over its apparent ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times