News / A focus on cargo partnerships for Etihad as Gulf competition takes off
It is no secret that the UAE carriers are struggling. Rumours about Emirates in particular ...
Recommends / Emirates boss denies reports of merger with Etihad
Two “restructuring” transit-reliant airlines, hubs an hour apart by road in the same country. There ...
Recommends / Etihad fails to boost cargo volumes in 'very tough' environment
Etihad has acknowledged the difficult business environment – but failed to note intense competition in the Gulf ...
Recommends / Etihad heads off Trump tensions with pledge not to grow in US
Etihad has stalled a possible battle with the new US administration, saying it is “very ...
Recommends / Alitalia – the airline that broke the camel's back
ATW has published a good comment piece on Etihad – and its chronically underperforming partner, ...
Recommends / Etihad CEO Hogan to go as carrier struggles with investments
So pre-Christmas press reports are true: James Hogan, the authoritarian chief of Etihad, is set ...
Recommends / Etihad CEO denies carrier will invest in Lufthansa
Yesterday’s reports that Etihad was considering a stake in Lufthansa have been roundly rebuffed by the ...
Recommends / Etihad and Lufthansa eye merger, while other airlines face big changes
A few interesting snippets out of the major airlines this week. Hot off the press ...
People / Hogan out at Etihad as strategy changes, threatening thousands of other jobs
There are to be a number of management changes in the airline industry. Handesblatt is reporting ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 3. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 4. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times
- 5. P Balasubramanian on What yesteryear's air cargo market can teach us about today