Recommends / China fines 14 shipping lines over failure to disclose rates
Seatrade today reports that the Chinese Ministry of Transport has cracked the whip by dishing out ...
News / Ocean Alliance toe hits the water first with early publication of pro-forma network
The Ocean Alliance, which next April will be the biggest of the three vessel-sharing alliances, ...
News / Revealed: who's owed the most out of thousands of Hanjin creditors
Thousands of creditors of bankrupt Hanjin Shipping face taking huge losses as liquidation looms for the ...
News / OOCL leads the pack as reliability becomes key to container line marketing strategy
Ocean carriers are focusing on better schedule reliability and faster sailing times as selling points ...
People / Yang Ming picks Evergreen's Bronson Hsieh as its new chairman
Yang Ming has appointed the former vice chairman of Evergreen Group, Chih-Chien (Bronson) Hsieh, as ...
News / Bad news for Port Klang as CMA CGM signs up for container terminal JV with PSA at Singapore
After its acquisition of APL, French shipping line CMA CGM is expected to also sign a ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / New challenges for mega groups as Ocean Alliance prepares for launch
Ocean carriers CMA CGM, COSCO Container Lines, Evergreen and OOCL have signed a Memorandum of ...
People / Evergreen succession battle heats up as group chairman role is abolished
Fascinating story by Lloyd’s List’s Asia team on the pseudo-feudal factionalism at Taiwanese transport conglomerate ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times