Recommends / China fines 14 shipping lines over failure to disclose rates
Seatrade today reports that the Chinese Ministry of Transport has cracked the whip by dishing out ...
News / Ocean Alliance toe hits the water first with early publication of pro-forma network
The Ocean Alliance, which next April will be the biggest of the three vessel-sharing alliances, ...
News / Revealed: who's owed the most out of thousands of Hanjin creditors
Thousands of creditors of bankrupt Hanjin Shipping face taking huge losses as liquidation looms for the ...
News / OOCL leads the pack as reliability becomes key to container line marketing strategy
Ocean carriers are focusing on better schedule reliability and faster sailing times as selling points ...
People / Yang Ming picks Evergreen's Bronson Hsieh as its new chairman
Yang Ming has appointed the former vice chairman of Evergreen Group, Chih-Chien (Bronson) Hsieh, as ...
News / Bad news for Port Klang as CMA CGM signs up for container terminal JV with PSA at Singapore
After its acquisition of APL, French shipping line CMA CGM is expected to also sign a ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / New challenges for mega groups as Ocean Alliance prepares for launch
Ocean carriers CMA CGM, COSCO Container Lines, Evergreen and OOCL have signed a Memorandum of ...
People / Evergreen succession battle heats up as group chairman role is abolished
Fascinating story by Lloyd’s List’s Asia team on the pseudo-feudal factionalism at Taiwanese transport conglomerate ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 5.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals