Talking shop: the retail business Headlines
Recommends / Uniqlo has designs on faster fashion and a larger footprint
Speed is the new product in retail, it would appear. Uniqlo owner Fast Retailing is ...
Recommends / How an army of postmen is turning China's rural stores into the world's largest retail network
A fascinating article from Wired, looking at how rural China has embraced the digital retail ...
Recommends / Is the supplier-retailer relationship at breaking point?
Drapers examines the growing tensions between the leading lights of high street retailers and their ...
News / Amazon eyes savings as shipping costs soar
Amazon plans to drive down logistics costs though economies of scale, it announced yesterday – but revealed ...
People / Wal-Mart begins lay-offs at headquarters
Wal-Mart has begun axing nearly 1,000 jobs, with cuts at the retailer’s supply chain beginning ...
Recommends / VIDEO: Meet Tally, the friendly robotic store clerk
In this short clip, we meet Simbe’s half-heartedly anthropomorphised inventory-tracking robot Tally, geared towards improving ...
News / Wincanton and DHL lose warehouse contracts as Tesco trims distribution
Tesco is to take back in-house all the warehousing operations managed by Wincanton and DHL ...
News / Not such a merry Christmas for Argos if drivers' strike goes ahead
UK retailer Argos faces severe disruption to its Christmas deliveries from a 72-hour strike by Wincanton ...
Recommends / Chow Tai Fook turns Chinese jewellery shops into logistics hubs
Here’s an eminently sensible idea being trialled in China by one of the world’s largest ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates