Federal Maritime Commission Headlines
People / Michael Kouri confirmed as new FMC chairman
The US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has confirmed the appointment of Michael Khouri (pictured above) ...
News / FMC commissioner slams green light for joint tug booking by foreign ro-ro carriers
The Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) will allow a consortium of ro-ro shipping lines to jointly negotiate ...
News / Era of container terminal alliances nears after FMC approves Miami operator agreement
Last month’s decision by the US Federal Maritime Commission to authorise two terminal operators in ...
News / Shipper customers kick back at 2M Alliance plan to put their cargo on HMM ships
News that their cargo may be loaded onto Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) vessels has angered ...
News / THE Alliance prepares contingency plans for another shipping line bankruptcy
In the wake of the Hanjin bankruptcy, THE Alliance has devised a “catastrophic instrument” funding mechanism, ...
Recommends / US FMC ‘stops the clock’ on the Ocean Alliance
It appears it might not be plain sailing for one of the new mega east-west ...
News / Container terminals are becoming 'swamped' by large alliances, warns FMC
Large ocean carrier alliances are contributing to port congestion, according to Federal Maritime Commissioner (FMC) ...
News / Clock is ticking as FMC continues to mull approval for 2M mega-alliance in the US
The 45-day consultation period for Maersk and MSC’s 2M east-west trade vessel-sharing agreement (VSA) submitted ...
News / US Maritime Commission puts the brake on 2M proposal while it consults China
It seems certain that the US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) will “stop the clock” on ...
- 1.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 2.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 3.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 4.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 5.Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 1. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 2. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 3. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 4. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times
- 5. P Balasubramanian on What yesteryear's air cargo market can teach us about today