Financial footings Headlines
Comment / Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
As I ponder whether any freight forwarder – apart from Panalpina – could be poised ...
Comment / Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
The annual results of two of the most prominent air and ocean freight global forwarders, Kuehne ...
Comment / Analysis: CH Robinson mini-restructure a sign of something brewing?
When CH Robinson announced its fourth-quarter and annual results at the end of January, a ...
Comment / Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
Over the past few weeks I have had a number of conversations concerning the future ...
Comment / Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
“Net interest-bearing debt increased to $10.7bn ($7.8bn), mainly due to share buyback of $475m, dividends ...
Comment / Analysis: acquisitive DSV – market predator or prey for PE?
“Is DSV a target for private equity?” I skipped the small talk and went straight to ...
Comment / Analysis: declining UPS share price overlooks strong fundamentals
The latest trading update from UPS deserves a close look – and not just because the share price ...
Recommends / Debt level fears for Korean Air as the won grows weaker
Korean companies have had a tough time. Next up is Korean Air, expected to release ...
Comment / Analysis: keep on trucking with Schneider as its IPO looms
“Trucking is the primary means of serving the North American transportation market and hauls approximately ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates