News / Campaigners angry as Germany looks set to allow cross-border trials of 60-tonne mega-trucks
Campaigners against longer, heavier vehicles (LHVs) – so-called mega-trucks – on Europe’s roads have reacted with dismay ...
Recommends / Container shipping slump stings German investors
If there’s one kind of shipping investor that it is difficult not to feel rather sorry ...
Now Germany limits air cargo imports from Bangladesh in further blow to garment exporters
Bangladeshi exporters are reeling from Germany’s decision to restrict direct air cargo imports from the country, while its ...
Recommends / Russia and Germany play hardball on cargo traffic rights
Russian and German negotiators are meeting today in Moscow for the latest round in the ...
News / Lufthansa Cargo launches products to boost general freight as earnings suffer 40% slump
Lufthansa Cargo is set to add new products to its portfolio to boost its standard ...
Recommends / Signed, sealed and delivered: the Amazon threat to DHL
Sorry – even more on DHL and Amazon, but this article, from German paper Handelsblatt, ...
Recommends / Major raid at Frankfurt over illegal handlers shakes German cargo industry
German freight firms including Lufthansa, DHL and Fraport are said to be among the victims ...
Comment / Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd IPO is looming – but leave it to the professional investors
It has been a long wait, but the official announcement of the IPO of Hapag-Lloyd ...
News / Containership widening brings new era for shipowners and new hope for panamaxes
The second panamax containership to undergo innovative “widening” conversion is set to return to the ...
- 1.London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 2.DSV eyes return to acquisition trail as profits rise and UTi fits in nicely
- 3.Now CMA CGM signs with Alibaba for online booking of container space
- 4.Up to 200 jobs to go at Toll Group as domestic operations falter
- 5.Analysis: acquisitive DSV – market predator or prey for PE?
- 1. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 2. on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 3. DS on Atlas Air takes pilots to court as it attempts to stem growing labour costs
- 4. peter marjoram on London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 5. email@example.com on Expansion-hungry Zeaborn boosts heavylift footprint with Rickmers buy