News / Kerry and Radiant expand their logistics footprints with new year takeovers
Hong Kong-based 3PL Kerry logistics has continued its European expansion drive, finalising the acquisition of German forwarder ...
News / Campaigners angry as Germany looks set to allow cross-border trials of 60-tonne mega-trucks
Campaigners against longer, heavier vehicles (LHVs) – so-called mega-trucks – on Europe’s roads have reacted with dismay ...
Recommends / Container shipping slump stings German investors
If there’s one kind of shipping investor that it is difficult not to feel rather sorry ...
Now Germany limits air cargo imports from Bangladesh in further blow to garment exporters
Bangladeshi exporters are reeling from Germany’s decision to restrict direct air cargo imports from the country, while its ...
Recommends / Russia and Germany play hardball on cargo traffic rights
Russian and German negotiators are meeting today in Moscow for the latest round in the ...
News / Lufthansa Cargo launches products to boost general freight as earnings suffer 40% slump
Lufthansa Cargo is set to add new products to its portfolio to boost its standard ...
Recommends / Signed, sealed and delivered: the Amazon threat to DHL
Sorry – even more on DHL and Amazon, but this article, from German paper Handelsblatt, ...
Recommends / Major raid at Frankfurt over illegal handlers shakes German cargo industry
German freight firms including Lufthansa, DHL and Fraport are said to be among the victims ...
Comment / Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd IPO is looming – but leave it to the professional investors
It has been a long wait, but the official announcement of the IPO of Hapag-Lloyd ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates