Hamburg Sud Headlines
Recommends / China fines 14 shipping lines over failure to disclose rates
Seatrade today reports that the Chinese Ministry of Transport has cracked the whip by dishing out ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
Comment / Analysis: Maersk executives eye a rising tide of risks as they consider their options
Executives at Denmark’s AP Møller-Maersk (APMM) care a lot about their shareholders – it appears ...
News / Maersk Line to acquire Hamburg Süd in cash deal worth up to $5bn
Maersk Line today announced it is to acquire Hamburg Süd in a cash deal one analyst ...
News / Oetker family may be ready to sell Hamburg Süd container line after 60 years
Shipping circles in Hamburg are abuzz with speculation that the Oetker family will announce this ...
News / Latin line pours cold water on rumours of wider box shipping cooperation
One of the largest shipping lines in Latin America has poured scorn on the idea ...
News / Extra ships slow to book via Panama Canal as Suez tries to lure back traffic with rebates
Less than half a year since the opening of the expanded Panama Canal, large amounts ...
Recommends / South African competition authorities in 'seize and search' at six major shipping lines
Another day, another raid. This time in South Africa, where the competition commission is holding ...
News / Overcapacity warning as MSC moves big ships to 'more robust' Europe-Middle East/India trade
Having already been obliged to idle two of its flagship 19,000 teu vessels because of weak ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 5.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals