Hamburg Sud Headlines
Recommends / China fines 14 shipping lines over failure to disclose rates
Seatrade today reports that the Chinese Ministry of Transport has cracked the whip by dishing out ...
News / Hamburg Süd gets closer to Maersk with new east-west slot charter agreement
Ahead of Maersk’s acquisition of Hamburg Süd, a deal has been reached for the German ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
Comment / Analysis: Maersk executives eye a rising tide of risks as they consider their options
Executives at Denmark’s AP Møller-Maersk (APMM) care a lot about their shareholders – it appears ...
News / Maersk Line to acquire Hamburg Süd in cash deal worth up to $5bn
Maersk Line today announced it is to acquire Hamburg Süd in a cash deal one analyst ...
News / Oetker family may be ready to sell Hamburg Süd container line after 60 years
Shipping circles in Hamburg are abuzz with speculation that the Oetker family will announce this ...
News / Latin line pours cold water on rumours of wider box shipping cooperation
One of the largest shipping lines in Latin America has poured scorn on the idea ...
News / Extra ships slow to book via Panama Canal as Suez tries to lure back traffic with rebates
Less than half a year since the opening of the expanded Panama Canal, large amounts ...
Recommends / South African competition authorities in 'seize and search' at six major shipping lines
Another day, another raid. This time in South Africa, where the competition commission is holding ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times