Recommends / Shipping slump: why a vessel worth $60m is scrapped
Last year liner shipping was again in a sea of red ink, collectively posting a sixth consecutive ...
News / Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
Following the bankruptcy of Hanjin, Taiwan’s Yang Ming is now the container line in the greatest financial ...
Recommends / HMM to buy stake in Hanjin's port terminal in US
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is to buy a 20% stake in Hanjin’s US port terminal ...
People / Cho Won-tae appointed president of Korean Air in wake of 'nut lady' scandal
Hanjin Group has promoted Cho Won-tae (pictured), son of group chairman Cho Yang-ho and brother ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
Recommends / Spreading festive cheer: stranded crew on Hanjin ship get Xmas tree and gifts
Spare a thought for the poor crew of the Hanjin Scarlet – still stuck on ...
News / Hanjin announces operations in Europe will be axed – but staff are the last to know
Hanjin Shipping said today it had received approval from the Seoul bankruptcy court to shutter ...
News / Hanjin under fire in US court over lack of liability insurance for chassis
Hanjin has come under fire again in a US court for failure to pay insurance ...
News / Court orders sale of Hanjin's Asia-US network and other assets to pay debts
Hanjin Shipping has received bankruptcy court approval to sell assets, including its largest trade route, ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 5.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates