News / Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
Following the bankruptcy of Hanjin, Taiwan’s Yang Ming is now the container line in the greatest financial ...
Recommends / HMM to buy stake in Hanjin's port terminal in US
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is to buy a 20% stake in Hanjin’s US port terminal ...
People / Cho Won-tae appointed president of Korean Air in wake of 'nut lady' scandal
Hanjin Group has promoted Cho Won-tae (pictured), son of group chairman Cho Yang-ho and brother ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
Recommends / Spreading festive cheer: stranded crew on Hanjin ship get Xmas tree and gifts
Spare a thought for the poor crew of the Hanjin Scarlet – still stuck on ...
News / Hanjin announces operations in Europe will be axed – but staff are the last to know
Hanjin Shipping said today it had received approval from the Seoul bankruptcy court to shutter ...
News / Hanjin under fire in US court over lack of liability insurance for chassis
Hanjin has come under fire again in a US court for failure to pay insurance ...
News / Court orders sale of Hanjin's Asia-US network and other assets to pay debts
Hanjin Shipping has received bankruptcy court approval to sell assets, including its largest trade route, ...
News / 'No carrier too big to fail': forwarders and shippers need visibility into their finances
Forwarders and shippers must do as much due diligence as possible on ocean carriers, as ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 5.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals