Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd gets EC competition green light to complete UASC merger
The European Commission yesterday approved the merger between Hapag-Lloyd and UASC – subject to the latter withdrawing from ...
News / Container shipping needs huge wave of redundancies to get back to profitability
The global container shipping industry needs to reduce its land-based workforce by 31,000 to improve efficiency, ...
News / Third-quarter profit means Hapag-Lloyd is on course for a happier 2017
Hapag-Lloyd outperformed its liner peers in the third quarter of the year, producing a $9m ...
News / Carriers pin their hopes for 2017 contracts on spot rates holding firm
The next six weeks are critical for Asia-Europe carriers as they try to nail down ...
News / THE Alliance is next new container shipping group to unveil planned services
THE Alliance – Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MOL, NYK and Yang Ming – have announced their ...
News / Silver lining for carriers may be in sight as clouds over Asia-N Europe rates begin to clear
Container shipping rates on the main east-west trades rose this week, reversing two weeks of ...
Recommends / UASC key figures unveil 'dismal performance'
United Arab Shipping Company (UASC), which is close to merging with Hapag-Lloyd, revealed enormous deficits ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd hopes for UASC merger synergies after posting $158m half-year loss
Hapag-Lloyd sank further into the red in the second quarter losing $111m and taking its ...
- 1.CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
- 2.Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 3.Donald Trump’s global supply chain problem, in one chart
- 4.Etihad and Lufthansa eye merger, while other airlines face big changes
- 5.E-commerce giant Alibaba adds WCA network to its list of logistics partners
- 1. TONY on Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 2. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 3. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. Julio J. Marquez on Airfreight shippers could face price hikes between US and Venezuela as DoT rejects Transcarga traffic rights
- 5. BlueSky on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam