Comment / Analysis: Maersk-Alibaba tie-up 'a sign of the changing times'
As soon as I returned to work after the Christmas break, news broke that Maersk ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd gets EC competition green light to complete UASC merger
The European Commission yesterday approved the merger between Hapag-Lloyd and UASC – subject to the latter withdrawing from ...
News / Container shipping needs huge wave of redundancies to get back to profitability
The global container shipping industry needs to reduce its land-based workforce by 31,000 to improve efficiency, ...
News / Third-quarter profit means Hapag-Lloyd is on course for a happier 2017
Hapag-Lloyd outperformed its liner peers in the third quarter of the year, producing a $9m ...
News / Carriers pin their hopes for 2017 contracts on spot rates holding firm
The next six weeks are critical for Asia-Europe carriers as they try to nail down ...
News / THE Alliance is next new container shipping group to unveil planned services
THE Alliance – Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MOL, NYK and Yang Ming – have announced their ...
News / Silver lining for carriers may be in sight as clouds over Asia-N Europe rates begin to clear
Container shipping rates on the main east-west trades rose this week, reversing two weeks of ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 5.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals