News / Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
Container shipping line share prices declined sharply today after news that US Department of Justice (DoJ) investigators served ...
News / Banker queries delay completion of Hapag-Lloyd-UASC merger
The delay in the merger between Hapag-Lloyd and UASC is due to some of the ...
Comment / Analysis: breathing is harder for box lines as they climb higher debt mountains
I have been looking for signs that the container shipping industry is getting used to ...
News / More liner shipping consolidation will 'put pressure on smaller carriers'
Last year’s rapid increase in liner shipping consolidation activity is likely to continue, according to speakers and delegates ...
News / Ocean carriers warn of cargo diversions as port strikes loom
Maersk Line has warned shippers that some cargo will be re-routed or diverted to avoid ...
News / Weak rates in 2016 impact Hapag-Lloyd revenue and profits
Preliminary full-year 2016 results from Hapag-Lloyd indicate the continuance of the “more for less” theme ...
News / Capacity cuts reward container lines as rates hold steady on east-west trades
Carriers were rewarded for their proactivity in the run-up to Chinese New Year, heading off ...
Comment / Analysis: Maersk-Alibaba tie-up 'a sign of the changing times'
As soon as I returned to work after the Christmas break, news broke that Maersk ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times