News / Hapag-Lloyd hopes for UASC merger synergies after posting $158m half-year loss
Hapag-Lloyd sank further into the red in the second quarter losing $111m and taking its ...
News / Rough seas ahead as container shipping faces a peak season 'washout'
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe have lost a big chunk of last week’s ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd and UASC shake on merger deal – now it's up to the shareholders
Negotiations on the merger of Hapag-Lloyd and United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) appear to have ...
News / SCFI: container shipping rates recover ahead of the peak season
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe recovered this week ahead of the traditional July, ...
Comment / Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd and UASC a merger made in heaven for the banks?
“So, how about this merger between Hapag-Lloyd and United Arab Shipping Company – what do ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / Six carriers sign five-year agreement to form new alliance – but Hyundai must wait to join
Troubled South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) appears to be the loser – temporarily ...
News / Recovery in the second half, says 'optimistic' Hapag-Lloyd after disappointing Q1
Hapag-Lloyd recorded a net loss of $47m in the first three months of this year, ...
News / Carriers struggling to attract container traffic now attack the multipurpose sector
The continuing struggle by container lines to fill ships means the project and breakbulk shipping sector ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 5.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals