News / Hapag-Lloyd and UASC shake on merger deal – now it's up to the shareholders
Negotiations on the merger of Hapag-Lloyd and United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) appear to have ...
News / SCFI: container shipping rates recover ahead of the peak season
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe recovered this week ahead of the traditional July, ...
Comment / Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd and UASC a merger made in heaven for the banks?
“So, how about this merger between Hapag-Lloyd and United Arab Shipping Company – what do ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / Six carriers sign five-year agreement to form new alliance – but Hyundai must wait to join
Troubled South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) appears to be the loser – temporarily ...
News / Recovery in the second half, says 'optimistic' Hapag-Lloyd after disappointing Q1
Hapag-Lloyd recorded a net loss of $47m in the first three months of this year, ...
News / Carriers struggling to attract container traffic now attack the multipurpose sector
The continuing struggle by container lines to fill ships means the project and breakbulk shipping sector ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd to merge with UASC after secret talks with Gulf owners
Hapag-Lloyd is to merge with UASC. The news follows the Dubai-headquartered carrier being excluded from the new ...
News / New challenges for mega groups as Ocean Alliance prepares for launch
Ocean carriers CMA CGM, COSCO Container Lines, Evergreen and OOCL have signed a Memorandum of ...
- 1.CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
- 2.Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 3.Donald Trump’s global supply chain problem, in one chart
- 4.E-commerce giant Alibaba adds WCA network to its list of logistics partners
- 5.MyCargo Airlines 747-400F hits houses on approach to Bishkek, killing 32
- 1. TONY on Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 2. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 3. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. Julio J. Marquez on Airfreight shippers could face price hikes between US and Venezuela as DoT rejects Transcarga traffic rights
- 5. BlueSky on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam