News / 2M beefs up east-west tradelane offerings ahead of new alliance launch
Seven weeks before two rival mega east-west alliances are set to launch, 2M alliance partners Maersk ...
News / Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
Following the bankruptcy of Hanjin, Taiwan’s Yang Ming is now the container line in the greatest financial ...
Recommends / HMM to buy stake in Hanjin's port terminal in US
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is to buy a 20% stake in Hanjin’s US port terminal ...
News / Court orders sale of Hanjin's Asia-US network and other assets to pay debts
Hanjin Shipping has received bankruptcy court approval to sell assets, including its largest trade route, ...
News / 'No carrier too big to fail': forwarders and shippers need visibility into their finances
Forwarders and shippers must do as much due diligence as possible on ocean carriers, as ...
Recommends / Maersk unlikely to buy Korean vessels – but will wait for another distressed line
One of the effects of the Hanjin collapse has been endless rumour and speculation – with ...
Recommends / Maersk may target Hanjin and Hyundai in new acquisition plan
Following Maersk’s recent announcement that it will grow through acquisitions, rather than organically, in an ...
Comment / Analysis: Seaspan needs a firm hand on its charter rate tiller to keep its business plan on course
With hindsight, the float of Seaspan Corporation in 2005 was a very smart move – financial ...
News / More merger rumours as Hanjin charter cut talks are hobbled by payment arrears
Hanjin Shipping told The Loadstar today it would not be drawn on renewed suggestions from a South ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 5.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals