News / There's a 'window of opportunity” for container lines to delay newbuild deliveries
Container lines should follow the example of Maersk Line and negotiate deferring new vessel deliveries. Analyst Drewry says ...
News / Bullish HMM announces new transpacific services and strives to 'rebuild trust'
As the transpacific contract season begins, restructured South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has ...
News / 2M beefs up east-west tradelane offerings ahead of new alliance launch
Seven weeks before two rival mega east-west alliances are set to launch, 2M alliance partners Maersk ...
News / Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
Following the bankruptcy of Hanjin, Taiwan’s Yang Ming is now the container line in the greatest financial ...
Recommends / HMM to buy stake in Hanjin's port terminal in US
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) is to buy a 20% stake in Hanjin’s US port terminal ...
News / Court orders sale of Hanjin's Asia-US network and other assets to pay debts
Hanjin Shipping has received bankruptcy court approval to sell assets, including its largest trade route, ...
News / 'No carrier too big to fail': forwarders and shippers need visibility into their finances
Forwarders and shippers must do as much due diligence as possible on ocean carriers, as ...
Recommends / Maersk unlikely to buy Korean vessels – but will wait for another distressed line
One of the effects of the Hanjin collapse has been endless rumour and speculation – with ...
Recommends / Maersk may target Hanjin and Hyundai in new acquisition plan
Following Maersk’s recent announcement that it will grow through acquisitions, rather than organically, in an ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 5.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates