News / 'No carrier too big to fail': forwarders and shippers need visibility into their finances
Forwarders and shippers must do as much due diligence as possible on ocean carriers, as ...
Recommends / Maersk unlikely to buy Korean vessels – but will wait for another distressed line
One of the effects of the Hanjin collapse has been endless rumour and speculation – with ...
Recommends / Maersk may target Hanjin and Hyundai in new acquisition plan
Following Maersk’s recent announcement that it will grow through acquisitions, rather than organically, in an ...
Comment / Analysis: Seaspan needs a firm hand on its charter rate tiller to keep its business plan on course
With hindsight, the float of Seaspan Corporation in 2005 was a very smart move – financial ...
News / More merger rumours as Hanjin charter cut talks are hobbled by payment arrears
Hanjin Shipping told The Loadstar today it would not be drawn on renewed suggestions from a South ...
News / G6 takes shipper fears on board and phases-out HMM ships from Asia-Europe trades
The G6 Alliance is to phase out troubled ocean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine’s (HMM) ships ...
News / HMM denies charter debts and says business as usual is 'only a matter of time'
HMM has denied that it has any charter hire payments outstanding. The troubled shipping line ...
News / Hanjin owes us $11.6m in charter payments, says Seaspan – carrier's ‘business is at risk’
With all attention on how long Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) can stave off bankruptcy, evidence ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
- 1.CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
- 2.Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 3.Containerships 'full to the gunwales' on Asia-North Europe as rates hit 20-month high
- 4.Donald Trump’s global supply chain problem, in one chart
- 5.E-commerce giant Alibaba adds WCA network to its list of logistics partners
- 1. TONY on Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 2. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 3. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. Julio J. Marquez on Airfreight shippers could face price hikes between US and Venezuela as DoT rejects Transcarga traffic rights
- 5. BlueSky on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam