Hong Kong Headlines
News / Tigers begins to roar as Asia's e-commerce market starts to bite
Hong Kong-based 3PL Tigers is moving beyond traditional logistics services with its new e-commerce marketplace, ...
News / Singapore wins, HK and Port Klang the losers, in alliance reshuffle
Hong Kong and Port Klang are set to lose out on Asia-Europe port calls when the ...
News / UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
UASC has revised the upcoming UK call of its 18,800 teu AL Muraykh from Felixstowe ...
News / Less transhipment cargo and uncertainty over new US policy hits HPHT profits
Hutchison Ports Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) recorded a 6% year-over-year drop in throughput for 2016, and ...
News / Strong air cargo peak boosts carrier coffers, despite hi-tech hiatus
A strong and “proper” peak season may have arrived at last for air cargo, but ...
News / Fears for Hong Kong's status as a major hub port if Chinese ease cabotage rules
Hong Kong’s status as a major container port hub could suffer a severe blow if mainland ...
News / Airports need to rethink as belly freight grows and cargo villages go out of style
Cargo villages on airports are an anachronism, according to one US-based cargo facility developer. Built away ...
Comment / Analysis: bears get that sinking feeling as HPH Trust gets into deep water
Six years ago, Hutchinson Port Holdings (HPH) Trust’s IPO grabbed the headlines. Not only was ...
News / Terminal operators under fire from shippers over high fees for releasing Hanjin containers
The fall-out from the bankruptcy of South Korean line Hanjin continues this week as more ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times