Hyundai Merchant Marine Headlines
News / Extra capacity will weaken transpacific carrier hands in contract talks
The new alliance set up and the launch of three independent services, combined with a ...
Recommends / HMM officially joins 2M Alliance through strategic co-operation
Since the fall of Hanjin, Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has been groomed by the South ...
News / Asia-Europe rate war could return with launch of new alliances
Could yet another rate war on the Asia-Europe westbound trade be round the corner, as ...
News / More liner shipping consolidation will 'put pressure on smaller carriers'
Last year’s rapid increase in liner shipping consolidation activity is likely to continue, according to speakers and delegates ...
News / Transpacific carriers hit by softening market just as contracts are up for renewal
A dip in container spot rates is set to weaken the position of ocean carriers ...
News / With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has continued to pick at the bones of erstwhile compatriot Hanjin, ...
News / Hyundai announces plan to recruit ex-Hanjin staff and seafarers
South Korea’s remaining deepsea container shipping line, Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM), today announced a recruitment ...
Recommends / HMM forms alliance with smaller local lines
In an attempt to grow its footprint and counteract the downturn sweeping across the container-shipping ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 5.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates