job losses Headlines
People / 1,000 jobs to be axed in CSX management reshuffle
US freight railroad CSX has confirmed it is to shed around 1,000 managerial staff ,as ...
News / Hyundai announces plan to recruit ex-Hanjin staff and seafarers
South Korea’s remaining deepsea container shipping line, Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM), today announced a recruitment ...
News / Wincanton and DHL lose warehouse contracts as Tesco trims distribution
Tesco is to take back in-house all the warehousing operations managed by Wincanton and DHL ...
News / Hanjin announces operations in Europe will be axed – but staff are the last to know
Hanjin Shipping said today it had received approval from the Seoul bankruptcy court to shutter ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 5.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates