job losses Headlines
People / 1,000 jobs to be axed in CSX management reshuffle
US freight railroad CSX has confirmed it is to shed around 1,000 managerial staff ,as ...
News / Hyundai announces plan to recruit ex-Hanjin staff and seafarers
South Korea’s remaining deepsea container shipping line, Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM), today announced a recruitment ...
News / Wincanton and DHL lose warehouse contracts as Tesco trims distribution
Tesco is to take back in-house all the warehousing operations managed by Wincanton and DHL ...
News / Hanjin announces operations in Europe will be axed – but staff are the last to know
Hanjin Shipping said today it had received approval from the Seoul bankruptcy court to shutter ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 5.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals