News / Peak season brings some welcome shipping rate respite to beleaguered carriers
After three consecutive weeks of decline, Asia-Europe container spot freight rates this week bounced back, ...
News / Niche players like Arkas are the lines to watch in Black Sea container shipping
2M partners Maersk and MSC have the largest share of the Black Sea container shipping ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / Six carriers sign five-year agreement to form new alliance – but Hyundai must wait to join
Troubled South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) appears to be the loser – temporarily ...
News / MOL to restructure container shipping and dry bulk businesses as it warns of $1.45bn loss
Japan’s MOL said today that it is forecasting a massive $1.45bn loss for its fiscal ...
News / Asia-Europe box rates take a 40% tumble – now shippers face a 2016 dilemma
Spot container freight rates between Asia and Europe are on track to lose all the ...
News / NOL sails back into the red, blaming weak container market for APL revenue plunge
Neptune Orient Lines (NOL) today blamed weak global demand and a “huge contraction in freight ...
News / Japanese shipping trio NYK, K Line and MOL see improved results in first quarter
Japan’s NYK, MOL and K Line all improved profitability in the first quarter of their ...
News / Mixed fortunes in 2014 for Japanese carriers haunted by overcapacity fears
There were mixed fortunes last year for Japan’s major ocean carriers, K Line, MOL and ...
- 1.CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
- 2.Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 3.Donald Trump’s global supply chain problem, in one chart
- 4.E-commerce giant Alibaba adds WCA network to its list of logistics partners
- 5.MyCargo Airlines 747-400F hits houses on approach to Bishkek, killing 32
- 1. TONY on Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 2. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 3. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. Julio J. Marquez on Airfreight shippers could face price hikes between US and Venezuela as DoT rejects Transcarga traffic rights
- 5. BlueSky on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam