Latin America Headlines
People / Lorena Sandoval is AA Cargo's new MD for Florida, Caribbean and Latin America
American Airlines Cargo has appointed Lorena Sandoval (pictured above) as managing director of its Florida, ...
News / 'Outlook dim for Latin America trade in 2016', but Mexico is still shining
Trade prospects for Latin America are looking distinctly dim this year, according to a recent ...
News / American Airlines and LATAM eye cargo in antitrust request for metal-neutral alliance
American Airlines and LATAM are considering adding cargo to their far-reaching “metal-neutral” proposed alliance between ...
News / Cargo-savvy Aeromexico calls on Latin American states to modernise Customs
Aeromexico, which in two years has transformed its cargo business, has urged Latin American countries ...
News / Brazil's Viracopos Airport aims high and looks to higher-value cargo to rebuild momentum
Brazil’s Viracopos Airport is eyeing a business boost from more-valuable cargo that has special handling requirements. Two recent ...
News / Fear of corruption now the biggest obstruction to doing business in emerging markets
Corruption has been identified as the single biggest concern for companies doing business in emerging ...
News / More pressure on Centurion Air Cargo as Brazilian judge orders 747F impounded
The financial challenges that have plagued Miami-based Centurion Air Cargo and sister airline SkyLease resulted ...
News / Latin America trade may be flat, but there are opportunities – 'think outside the box'
Despite the challenges currently facing Latin American trade, there are still opportunities for innovative and ...
Recommends / Lower oil prices will hamper Latin America's manufacturing growth
The consensus among economists is that lower oil prices are good for consumers because it ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times