News / Maersk Line to acquire Hamburg Süd in cash deal worth up to $5bn
Maersk Line today announced it is to acquire Hamburg Süd in a cash deal one analyst ...
News / Oetker family may be ready to sell Hamburg Süd container line after 60 years
Shipping circles in Hamburg are abuzz with speculation that the Oetker family will announce this ...
News / HMM must settle for slot exchanges rather than full membership of the 2M
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) may have to settle for a slot exchange agreement with 2M ...
News / Container shipping needs huge wave of redundancies to get back to profitability
The global container shipping industry needs to reduce its land-based workforce by 31,000 to improve efficiency, ...
Recommends / HMM says talks still under way for shipping alliance membership
Membership of a global shipping alliance was crucial to the restructuring of South Korea’s Hyundai ...
People / Mike Fang to take over as head of Maersk Line's Greater China operation
Maersk Line veteran Mike Fang (pictured) will become the new head of the carrier’s Greater China ...
News / Carriers pin their hopes for 2017 contracts on spot rates holding firm
The next six weeks are critical for Asia-Europe carriers as they try to nail down ...
News / Maersk refines fleet of second-generation Triple-E box ships to carry 20,000 teu
Maersk Line’s 11 second generation Triple-E class vessels, due to be delivered from April next ...
Recommends / World’s biggest shipping line feels the pain of anti-trade shift fears
After years of posting the best results in the container shipping industry, one night of ...
- 1.CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
- 2.Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 3.Donald Trump’s global supply chain problem, in one chart
- 4.E-commerce giant Alibaba adds WCA network to its list of logistics partners
- 5.MyCargo Airlines 747-400F hits houses on approach to Bishkek, killing 32
- 1. TONY on Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 2. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 3. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. Julio J. Marquez on Airfreight shippers could face price hikes between US and Venezuela as DoT rejects Transcarga traffic rights
- 5. BlueSky on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam