News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
News / Asia-Europe container trade to see more capacity reductions in bid to prevent rates slump
The traditional seasonal slump in Asia-Europe container freight rates could be avoided this year, as ...
Recommends / What went wrong in shipping: Maersk CEO Søren Skou explains
An interview with Søren Skou, CEO of Maersk, is always worth a read. Here he ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
Recommends / Open, SesaMaersk!
Splash247 columnist Andrew Craig-Bennett today turns his attention to the recent deal between Alibaba and Maersk, ...
News / Maersk launches online container booking platform for smaller Chinese shippers
Maersk Line has begun its promised digitisation revolution, launching an online container shipment booking system ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / A new 'golden age' for box shipping profits, but beware new competition, warns Drewry
Maersk Line today announced a raft of increased FAK (freight all kinds) rates from Asia ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 5.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals