News / Capacity crunch on box ships to Asia: Maersk first to stop taking bookings, as air freight awaits boost
Maersk Line today stopped booking export containers from Europe to Asia and the Middle East, according to market ...
News / There's a 'window of opportunity” for container lines to delay newbuild deliveries
Container lines should follow the example of Maersk Line and negotiate deferring new vessel deliveries. Analyst Drewry says ...
Comment / Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
“Net interest-bearing debt increased to $10.7bn ($7.8bn), mainly due to share buyback of $475m, dividends ...
News / Bullish HMM announces new transpacific services and strives to 'rebuild trust'
As the transpacific contract season begins, restructured South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has ...
News / 2M beefs up east-west tradelane offerings ahead of new alliance launch
Seven weeks before two rival mega east-west alliances are set to launch, 2M alliance partners Maersk ...
News / SCFI spot rates dip after CNY, but carriers have contract price hikes secured
Container spot rates to North Europe dipped below $1,000 per teu this week, after the Chinese ...
Maersk Line defers delivery of new containerships to prop up cashflow
Maersk Line is to postpone delivery of nine newbuild 14,000 teu ‘utility’ ships with the last ...
News / Maersk first line to settle Russian anti-competition case sparked by 'illegal' GRIs
Maersk Line has agreed to pay $230,000 to settle a four-year competition case with Russia’s ...
News / Container rates war drags APMM profits down, but group stays bullish
AP Møller Maersk (APMM) saw underlying profit drop to $711m in 2016, compared with $3.1bn ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 5.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates