Modal Shift Headlines
News / Capacity crunch on box ships to Asia: Maersk first to stop taking bookings, as air freight awaits boost
Maersk Line today stopped booking export containers from Europe to Asia and the Middle East, according to market ...
News / Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
Rail freight faces being undermined by a UK government decision to cut more than 20% ...
News / Truckers bite into the rail operators' share of North American intermodal traffic
Intermodal traffic on North America’s railways lost out to cheaper trucking alternatives last year. More haulage ...
News / Intermodal traffic now the only route to growth for Europe's rail freight operators
European rail freight operators must target intermodal operations if they wish to grow in a ...
News / Providing better service can keep sea-air operators ahead of fast-developing rail options
Sea-air operators would be naïve or complacent to ignore the competition posed by cheaper modes ...
News / Containerisation – or rather the lack of it – hammers another nail in air cargo's coffin
Containerisation – or rather the lack of it – continues to plague the air freight industry, delegates ...
News / Plunging sea freight rates bad news for air cargo as price gap hits new record
The continuing frailty of maritime container spot freight rates could spur a new era of ...
Recommends / Ocean freight is making waves, but all is not lost for air in perishables
Our sister title, The Coolstar, is writing today on trends in perishable logistics. Last week ...
News / Air cargo warned: 'be prepared for China-Europe rail services to lure business away'
Shippers are increasingly becoming attracted to rail freight services between China and Europe, which poses ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 3.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times