Recommends / Major Japanese container shipping lines in freefall
Japan’s big-three shipping lines recorded dire performances for the nine months to January, with Nippon ...
News / Japanese lines eye a new shipping horizon and a battle to regain profitability
Significantly greater cost competitiveness is the only way to “defeat” ocean carrier rivals, K Line ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / Maersk refines fleet of second-generation Triple-E box ships to carry 20,000 teu
Maersk Line’s 11 second generation Triple-E class vessels, due to be delivered from April next ...
News / THE Alliance is next new container shipping group to unveil planned services
THE Alliance – Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MOL, NYK and Yang Ming – have announced their ...
News / NYK, MOL and K Line to merge container shipping businesses to form world's sixth largest carrier
Japan’s big three shipping groups – K Line, MOL and NYK – have agreed to ...
News / Seaspan sells youngest ever container vessel for scrap as idle fleet nears 1m teu mark
The idled fleet of containerships is set to grow rapidly in the coming weeks as ...
News / 'Sluggish' container trades drag Japanese shipping lines into the red
First-quarter results from Japanese carriers K Line, MOL and NYK were dragged down by a ...
News / Peak season brings some welcome shipping rate respite to beleaguered carriers
After three consecutive weeks of decline, Asia-Europe container spot freight rates this week bounced back, ...
- 1.London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 2.DSV eyes return to acquisition trail as profits rise and UTi fits in nicely
- 3.Now CMA CGM signs with Alibaba for online booking of container space
- 4.Up to 200 jobs to go at Toll Group as domestic operations falter
- 5.Analysis: acquisitive DSV – market predator or prey for PE?
- 1. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 2. on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 3. DS on Atlas Air takes pilots to court as it attempts to stem growing labour costs
- 4. peter marjoram on London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 5. email@example.com on Expansion-hungry Zeaborn boosts heavylift footprint with Rickmers buy