News / Six carriers sign five-year agreement to form new alliance – but Hyundai must wait to join
Troubled South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) appears to be the loser – temporarily ...
News / Container shipping pricing set for major change, consigning the suspect GRI to a watery grave
RIP the GRI. For at least three years, the major shipping lines may no longer attempt ...
News / MOL to restructure container shipping and dry bulk businesses as it warns of $1.45bn loss
Japan’s MOL said today that it is forecasting a massive $1.45bn loss for its fiscal ...
News / NYK quits as Asia-West Africa trade goes 'from bad to worse' with rates and volumes falling
NYK is to exit the Asia-West Africa trade, and could be the first of many ...
News / NOL sails back into the red, blaming weak container market for APL revenue plunge
Neptune Orient Lines (NOL) today blamed weak global demand and a “huge contraction in freight ...
News / MOL trumps Maersk for reliability: but does arriving on time matter any more?
Maersk Line has been replaced at the top of the rankings of the most reliable ...
News / Japanese shipping trio NYK, K Line and MOL see improved results in first quarter
Japan’s NYK, MOL and K Line all improved profitability in the first quarter of their ...
News / Future of container shipping division in jeopardy as MOL sails close to the wind
Japan’s Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) is walking a tightrope. With an enterprise value that trebles ...
News / Mixed fortunes in 2014 for Japanese carriers haunted by overcapacity fears
There were mixed fortunes last year for Japan’s major ocean carriers, K Line, MOL and ...
- 1.Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 2.XPO ends years of losses and wants to bring its 'secret sauce' to Europe
- 3.Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
- 4.Analysis: solid balance sheet helps Maersk weather the storm battering container shipping
- 5.Analysis: CEVA wants a happy ending, and you can take that to the banks
- 1. Julian Stephens on UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
- 2. Keven Gates on Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
- 3. daniel on Cut to UK rail freight grants will drive loads back onto the roads
- 4. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 5. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals