New ship alliances shape up Headlines
News / Asia-Europe shipping rates on the up, but it's too early to talk of a recovery
Long-term contract rates agreed over the past three months between major ports in China and North Europe ...
Recommends / HMM officially joins 2M Alliance through strategic co-operation
Since the fall of Hanjin, Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has been groomed by the South ...
News / Asia-Europe rate war could return with launch of new alliances
Could yet another rate war on the Asia-Europe westbound trade be round the corner, as ...
News / Singapore wins, HK and Port Klang the losers, in alliance reshuffle
Hong Kong and Port Klang are set to lose out on Asia-Europe port calls when the ...
News / With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has continued to pick at the bones of erstwhile compatriot Hanjin, ...
News / 2M beefs up east-west tradelane offerings ahead of new alliance launch
Seven weeks before two rival mega east-west alliances are set to launch, 2M alliance partners Maersk ...
News / Asia-Europe container trade to see more capacity reductions in bid to prevent rates slump
The traditional seasonal slump in Asia-Europe container freight rates could be avoided this year, as ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times