Norfolk Southern Headlines
People / Keith Creel takes top job at CP, is Hunter Harrison set to take over at CSX?
Hunter Harrison has retired as Canadian Pacific’s (CP) chief executive. He has handed back $90m ...
News / Hanjin suppliers and customers on a collision course over money and cargo
Hanjin suppliers and customers in the US are on a collision course as creditors continue ...
Recommends / Canadian Pacific abandons $28bn bid for Norfolk Southern
So that’s the end of that one – what an almighty waste of time. Ahead ...
Recommends / Fresh blow to CP Rail merger hopes as US transport chief opposes union with NS
Bill Shuster, a Pennsylvania Republican representative in the US Congress and chairman of the US ...
Recommends / UPS thumbs-down could push CP-NS merger deal onto the buffers
The giant US express operator has been one of the North American intermodal industry’s largest ...
Comment / Analysis: will Norfolk Southern shareholders find CP's latest merger offer 'compelling' enough?
Is it fair to say that Norfolk Southern (NS) shareholders are in the midst of ...
Recommends / Buffett's BNSF may outbid CP's offer for Norfolk Southern
The plot thickens: after last week’s to and fro between Canadian Pacific’s recurring bids for ...
News / Norfolk Southern railroad chief rejects second merger bid from Canadian Pacific
US railroad operator Norfolk Southern (NS) has rejected a second merger proposal from Canadian Pacific ...
Comment / Analysis: Canadian Pacific-Norfolk Southern merger appears to be on track
Juts how long are the odds that a merger between Canadian Pacific (CP) and US ...
- 1.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 2.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 2. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 3. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 4. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times
- 5. P Balasubramanian on What yesteryear's air cargo market can teach us about today