On the scrap-heap Headlines
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
News / Troubled Rickmers denies scrapping seven-year-old box ship as charter market stays soft
Troubled non-operating container shipowner Rickmers Maritime Trust today denied it had scrapped a seven-year-old panamax containership. Reports ...
News / Shipowners reject bid to force EU ship-scrapping rules on the global fleet
The introduction of ship recycling licences for all vessels calling at EU ports has been ...
News / Ship scrapping set to hit record level this year as more panamaxes become redundant
Ship scrapping appears set to hit record levels this year, according to shipbroker and services firm ...
News / Maersk says EC should be 'more realistic' in its guidelines for greener ship scrapping
Maersk Line has responded to criticism from an environmental group accusing it of using flags of ...
News / Idle containership fleet still growing as 2016 shapes up to be a record year for scrapping
Laid-up containership capacity “remains at an alarmingly high level”, according to the latest review by ...
News / Cheap Chinese steel floods into India, spelling disaster for its ship breakers
India’s imports of cheap Chinese steel between April 2014 and January 2015 were almost treble ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times