Playing the asset game Headlines
News / Impairment charges keep GSL floating in red ink for 2016
Containership owner Global Ship Lease (GSL) posted a net loss of $68.2m for 2016, following ...
News / Box lessor Textainer sinks into the red, but insists it can 'turn the corner'
Textainer, the world’s largest container leasing company, posted a $56m net loss in 2016, following a ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
News / Happy new year for box shipping investors using the 'capital cycle analysis' approach
This year could turn out to be the one when container shipping investors finally reap the rewards ...
News / Containership owners may be next to be buffeted by ripples from the Hanjin collapse
The next industry casualty of the Hanjin collapse may not be a carrier, but a ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Shipping charter market set to sink lower with more ULCVs due to be delivered
Larger containerships are increasingly being consigned to hot or cold lay-up in harbours around the ...
News / Troubled Rickmers denies scrapping seven-year-old box ship as charter market stays soft
Troubled non-operating container shipowner Rickmers Maritime Trust today denied it had scrapped a seven-year-old panamax containership. Reports ...
News / Blow to charter market as Hanjin returns push idle container fleet to new high
Sixty container vessels returned to owners by bankrupt Hanjin Shipping, yet to find new employment, havre ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times