Playing the asset game Headlines
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
News / Happy new year for box shipping investors using the 'capital cycle analysis' approach
This year could turn out to be the one when container shipping investors finally reap the rewards ...
News / Containership owners may be next to be buffeted by ripples from the Hanjin collapse
The next industry casualty of the Hanjin collapse may not be a carrier, but a ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Shipping charter market set to sink lower with more ULCVs due to be delivered
Larger containerships are increasingly being consigned to hot or cold lay-up in harbours around the ...
News / Troubled Rickmers denies scrapping seven-year-old box ship as charter market stays soft
Troubled non-operating container shipowner Rickmers Maritime Trust today denied it had scrapped a seven-year-old panamax containership. Reports ...
News / Blow to charter market as Hanjin returns push idle container fleet to new high
Sixty container vessels returned to owners by bankrupt Hanjin Shipping, yet to find new employment, havre ...
News / Sinking value of panamax box ships propels Seaspan into a sea of red ink in Q3
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation – the biggest individual creditor of bankrupt Hanjin Shipping – is ...
Recommends / XPO Logistics sells Con-way trucking business to TransForce for $558m
After spending the last year or so explaining to investors why it had decided to ...
- 1.London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 2.Now CMA CGM signs with Alibaba for online booking of container space
- 3.DSV eyes return to acquisition trail as profits rise and UTi fits in nicely
- 4.Up to 200 jobs to go at Toll Group as domestic operations falter
- 5.Analysis: acquisitive DSV – market predator or prey for PE?
- 1. john henry on CSX board to vote on appointment of Hunter Harrison as new CEO next month
- 2. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 3. on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 4. DS on Atlas Air takes pilots to court as it attempts to stem growing labour costs
- 5. peter marjoram on London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle