Playing the asset game Headlines
News / Happy new year for box shipping investors using the 'capital cycle analysis' approach
This year could turn out to be the one when container shipping investors finally reap the rewards ...
News / Containership owners may be next to be buffeted by ripples from the Hanjin collapse
The next industry casualty of the Hanjin collapse may not be a carrier, but a ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Shipping charter market set to sink lower with more ULCVs due to be delivered
Larger containerships are increasingly being consigned to hot or cold lay-up in harbours around the ...
News / Troubled Rickmers denies scrapping seven-year-old box ship as charter market stays soft
Troubled non-operating container shipowner Rickmers Maritime Trust today denied it had scrapped a seven-year-old panamax containership. Reports ...
News / Blow to charter market as Hanjin returns push idle container fleet to new high
Sixty container vessels returned to owners by bankrupt Hanjin Shipping, yet to find new employment, havre ...
News / Sinking value of panamax box ships propels Seaspan into a sea of red ink in Q3
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation – the biggest individual creditor of bankrupt Hanjin Shipping – is ...
Recommends / XPO Logistics sells Con-way trucking business to TransForce for $558m
After spending the last year or so explaining to investors why it had decided to ...
News / Shipyards must look to niche markets as overcapacity shreds orderbooks
A depressing picture of the global ship building industry was painted by executives at an ...
- 1.Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
- 2.CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
- 3.Etihad and Lufthansa eye merger, while other airlines face big changes
- 4.What went wrong in shipping: Maersk CEO Søren Skou explains
- 5.New China-Europe rail services on track to steal air and sea freight volumes
- 1. P Balasubramanian on US shippers warned of 'significant threat' to trade from new president
- 2. TONY on Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 3. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 5. Julio J. Marquez on Airfreight shippers could face price hikes between US and Venezuela as DoT rejects Transcarga traffic rights