Recommends / XPO Logistics sells Con-way trucking business to TransForce for $558m
After spending the last year or so explaining to investors why it had decided to ...
News / Shipyards must look to niche markets as overcapacity shreds orderbooks
A depressing picture of the global ship building industry was painted by executives at an ...
News / Outlook for panamax owners even darker as youngest ever boxship is scrapped
The 4,546 teu 2006-built Viktoria Wulff (ex MSC Firenze) has become the youngest containership to ...
Recommends / Container shipping slump stings German investors
If there’s one kind of shipping investor that it is difficult not to feel rather sorry ...
News / Seaspan sells youngest ever container vessel for scrap as idle fleet nears 1m teu mark
The idled fleet of containerships is set to grow rapidly in the coming weeks as ...
News / HMM shareholders 'wiped out' as Danaos charter rate agreement seals carrier restructure
Greek containership owner Danaos Corporation confirmed yesterday it has reduced Hyundai Merchant Marine’s (HMM) charter fees ...
Recommends / Massive restructuring of Korean shipping and shipbuilders in the offing
Ouch. This is going to be really painful for the people of Korea, but there ...
News / Idle containership fleet still growing as 2016 shapes up to be a record year for scrapping
Laid-up containership capacity “remains at an alarmingly high level”, according to the latest review by ...
News / More service cuts announced as fleet of idle containerships hits record level
Idled global container capacity has reached a record high of 1.57m teu, according to the ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 5.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 1. Julian Stephens on UK apparel importers 'forgotten' by THE Alliance network planners
- 2. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 3. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 5. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates