Port positions Headlines
Recommends / The terminal connections maze
In this blog post, senior ports and terminals director at Drewry Maritime Research Neil Davidson ...
Recommends / CMA CGM and Cosco sign port partnership ahead of Ocean Alliance launch
This intriguing new phase of terminal alliances appears to be gathering steam rather quickly. Drewry’s ...
News / Container terminal operators can't invest if shipping alliances squeeze prices too tight
Heavy-handed negotiating tactics by container alliances could drive down future port investments if terminal operators ...
News / DCT Gdansk hopes it's goodbye to congestion as new container terminal opens
The second deepwater berth at DCT Gdansk, Poland opened this week, doubling capacity at the ...
News / New port developments raise spectre of overcapacity in Mexico
The spectre of terminal overcapacity is on the rise in Mexico. A slew of new projects ...
Recommends / Spying in the Mediterranean?
Intriguing article from Splash24/7 reporting a complaint from terminal operator Contship Italia to Italian authorities ...
News / Could terminal partnerships answer the challenge of larger container shipping alliances?
Investment dilemmas and challenges for port and terminal operators have been magnified by the arrival ...
Recommends / Where innovation sets sail
We love port cities at The Loadstar – the throng of different cultures from around ...
News / 'Something has to give', says Drewry, as container terminal operators face a 'critical turning point'
Global container port operators have been warned they face diminishing returns and reduced profitability as ...
- 1.London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 2.DSV eyes return to acquisition trail as profits rise and UTi fits in nicely
- 3.Now CMA CGM signs with Alibaba for online booking of container space
- 4.Up to 200 jobs to go at Toll Group as domestic operations falter
- 5.Analysis: acquisitive DSV – market predator or prey for PE?
- 1. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 2. on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 3. DS on Atlas Air takes pilots to court as it attempts to stem growing labour costs
- 4. peter marjoram on London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Expansion-hungry Zeaborn boosts heavylift footprint with Rickmers buy