Port positions Headlines
News / Container terminal operators can't invest if shipping alliances squeeze prices too tight
Heavy-handed negotiating tactics by container alliances could drive down future port investments if terminal operators ...
News / DCT Gdansk hopes it's goodbye to congestion as new container terminal opens
The second deepwater berth at DCT Gdansk, Poland opened this week, doubling capacity at the ...
News / New port developments raise spectre of overcapacity in Mexico
The spectre of terminal overcapacity is on the rise in Mexico. A slew of new projects ...
Recommends / Spying in the Mediterranean?
Intriguing article from Splash24/7 reporting a complaint from terminal operator Contship Italia to Italian authorities ...
News / Could terminal partnerships answer the challenge of larger container shipping alliances?
Investment dilemmas and challenges for port and terminal operators have been magnified by the arrival ...
Recommends / Where innovation sets sail
We love port cities at The Loadstar – the throng of different cultures from around ...
News / 'Something has to give', says Drewry, as container terminal operators face a 'critical turning point'
Global container port operators have been warned they face diminishing returns and reduced profitability as ...
News / Hamburg overtaken by Antwerp and relegated to third place in European box port rankings
The port of Hamburg saw the number of containers processed at its terminals in 2015 ...
News / Livorno opens bidding for new box terminal, while Contship Italia shows its gateway concept works
As the Italian port of Livorno today formally invites tenders for the construction and operation ...
- 1.CMA CGM and Cosco are most likely takers for OOCL, say analysts
- 2.Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 3.Containerships 'full to the gunwales' on Asia-North Europe as rates hit 20-month high
- 4.Donald Trump’s global supply chain problem, in one chart
- 5.E-commerce giant Alibaba adds WCA network to its list of logistics partners
- 1. TONY on Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
- 2. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 3. Mai on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam
- 4. Julio J. Marquez on Airfreight shippers could face price hikes between US and Venezuela as DoT rejects Transcarga traffic rights
- 5. BlueSky on Forwarders put on alert over new Chinese freight scam