Sri Lanka Headlines
Recommends / China’s debt-trap diplomacy
China’s “one belt, one road” (OBOR) initiative has lots of ramifications for the transport and ...
News / Etihad Cargo designs widebody way to bring in Sri Lankan fashion exports
Etihad Cargo is to provide US forwarder Trinity Logistics with a weekly widebody service from ...
News / South Asia the star performer in a sluggish first quarter for container ports
With sluggish global container port growth of just 0.5% in the first quarter of the ...
News / Sri Lankan Navy takes over operation of Avant Garde's floating armoury at Galle
The Sri Lankan Navy has taken over the operations of the floating armoury previously controlled ...
Recommends / Sri Lanka scraps firm’s floating armoury deals amid scandal
Quite aside from the scandal in which private maritime security company Avant Garde appears embroiled ...
Apparel shippers could be hit by Maersk Line decision to cut India-Europe service
Maersk Line has announced that it is to discontinue its ME5 Indian subcontinent-Mediterranean link – ...
News / 3PLs set their sights on South Asia's growing markets, but need to stay lean
Competition between 3PLs in South Asia is heating up as economic conditions make it more ...
People / Ex-Sri Lankan cricket captain named the new shipping and ports minister
The colourful former captain of Sri Lanka’s cricket team Arjuna Ranatunga has been appointed the ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times