Strike inaction Headlines
Recommends / Finnair hit by strike at Helsinki Airport
Finnair will cancel more than 90 flights through its Helsinki Airport hub and suspend cargo ...
News / Ocean carriers warn of cargo diversions as port strikes loom
Maersk Line has warned shippers that some cargo will be re-routed or diverted to avoid ...
News / New York dockers' union calls for abolition of crime-busting Waterfront Commission
Vice president of the International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) Kenneth Riley has called for the abolition ...
News / Strike threat to port of New York as dockers' union hits out over jobs
International Longshoremen’s Association (ILA) vice president Kenneth Riley has called for a shutdown of US ...
News / Dockers' union issues threat to Spanish trade over employment law revision
The International Dockworkers Council (IDC) has warned it will seek to paralyse worldwide shipments of ...
News / Union claims up to 8,000 Spanish stevedore jobs could be axed under new employment rules
Thousands of Spanish dockworkers’ jobs are at threat if the country’s government follows through with ...
News / A tale of two port cities: good times at Gdansk; grievances at Gothenburg
Deepwater Container Terminal (DCT) Gdansk experienced record volumes in 2016, while neighbouring Baltic port Gothenburg ...
News / US dockers' union says automated terminals are a barrier to smooth contract negotiations
The leader of the International Longshoreman’s Association (ILA), the labour union that represents the 65,000 ...
News / Airport strike called off as Swissport and Unite reach agreement over pay
Industrial action by baggage handlers and cargo crew at Swissport’s UK airport operations has been ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times