The end of the Panamax Headlines
News / Rickmers in plea to creditors for help to escape going under as debts mount
Beleaguered panamax containership owner Rickmers Maritime Trust (RMT) has pleaded with its creditors for help to ...
News / Another 100+ panamax box ships must be scrapped to boost charter rates
At least 100 panamax-class containerships need to be scrapped if owners are to see charter ...
Recommends / New record for youngest containership to be scrapped
No more than a month after securing the title as the youngest boxship to be ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Panamax vessel crisis deepens as Rickmers Maritime Trust suspends share trading
Classic panamax containerships continue to be pulled from services transiting the Panama Canal, resulting in a record ...
News / Blow to charter market as Hanjin returns push idle container fleet to new high
Sixty container vessels returned to owners by bankrupt Hanjin Shipping, yet to find new employment, havre ...
News / Sinking value of panamax box ships propels Seaspan into a sea of red ink in Q3
Containership owner Seaspan Corporation – the biggest individual creditor of bankrupt Hanjin Shipping – is ...
News / Redundant panamax boxships no use on growing intra-Asia trades
China’s container growth on shortsea tradelanes is outpacing stagnant long-haul services, potentially creating a trend from ...
News / Outlook for panamax owners even darker as youngest ever boxship is scrapped
The 4,546 teu 2006-built Viktoria Wulff (ex MSC Firenze) has become the youngest containership to ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 3.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times