Transhipment Tactics Headlines
News / Jebel Ali hit by less transhipment, but new facilities give DP World a boost
DP World reported a 3.2% upturn in volumes in 2016, handling 63.7m teu, with like-for-like volumes ...
News / Surge in shipping services to Iran won't mean profits and will harm transhipment ports
The inevitable flood of shipping lines calling at Iran will lead to a lack of ...
News / Fears for Hong Kong's status as a major hub port if Chinese ease cabotage rules
Hong Kong’s status as a major container port hub could suffer a severe blow if mainland ...
News / Westports volumes and profits up at Port Klang, but new alliances spark concern
Port Klang terminal operator Westports reported increased profits and volumes in the third quarter, but ...
News / Glimmer of light for Bangladesh's desperate apparel shippers as port plan makes headway
There may be a gleam of light in the tunnel for shippers exhausted by years of ...
News / Port of Mariel eyes new transhipment volumes as US lifts time ban on vessels from Cuba
Prospects of the Cuban port of Mariel capturing US transhipment volumes have significantly improved since the US government ...
News / Overcapacity may hit Caribbean transhipment ports following Panama Canal expansion
The Panama Canal expansion has raised fears that the container terminal industry in Latin America and ...
News / Could terminal partnerships answer the challenge of larger container shipping alliances?
Investment dilemmas and challenges for port and terminal operators have been magnified by the arrival ...
News / Bad news for Port Klang as CMA CGM signs up for container terminal JV with PSA at Singapore
After its acquisition of APL, French shipping line CMA CGM is expected to also sign a ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Analysis: Expeditors the next takeover target for DP-DHL?
- 3.Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times