Transpacific Trade Headlines
News / Ocean carriers benefit from steady rates as new contracts are signed
Container spot rates between Asia and Europe held steady this week, while the erosion of transpacific ...
News / Asia-Europe shipping rates on the up, but it's too early to talk of a recovery
Long-term contract rates agreed over the past three months between major ports in China and North Europe ...
News / Check the terminal choices before you pick your carrier, shippers advised
As the new alliance route networks finally begin to take shape – less than a ...
News / Bad news for carriers in contract talks as transpacific spot rates soften
Container shipping lines operating on the transpacific trade, hoping pre-Chinese New Year gains in spot ...
News / HMM and creditor bank mount PR offensive as carrier restructures
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) and its main creditor, the Korean Development Bank (KDB), have released ...
News / Transpacific box carriers see new threat on the horizon as rates tumble
Container spot rates on the Asia-Europe trade held firm this week, but carriers are likely ...
PODCAST: Prelude to TPM 2017 – a portrait of Pier 400
Next week the largest shipping conference, the annual Transpacific Maritime (TPM) conference takes place in ...
News / With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) has continued to pick at the bones of erstwhile compatriot Hanjin, ...
News / Container spot rates nothing to crow about as China enters year of the rooster
Container spot rates marginally declined this week ahead of Chinese New Year, with carriers announcing ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times