News / Banker queries delay completion of Hapag-Lloyd-UASC merger
The delay in the merger between Hapag-Lloyd and UASC is due to some of the ...
News / UASC diverts containership call from congested Felixstowe to London Gateway
UASC has revised the upcoming UK call of its 18,800 teu AL Muraykh from Felixstowe ...
News / Hamburg Süd gets closer to Maersk with new east-west slot charter agreement
Ahead of Maersk’s acquisition of Hamburg Süd, a deal has been reached for the German ...
News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
Comment / 2016 – the most turbulent year in container shipping's 60-year history
Five mergers and acquisitions and one bankruptcy is the final toll of a truly tumultuous ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd gets EC competition green light to complete UASC merger
The European Commission yesterday approved the merger between Hapag-Lloyd and UASC – subject to the latter withdrawing from ...
Recommends / UASC key figures unveil 'dismal performance'
United Arab Shipping Company (UASC), which is close to merging with Hapag-Lloyd, revealed enormous deficits ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd hopes for UASC merger synergies after posting $158m half-year loss
Hapag-Lloyd sank further into the red in the second quarter losing $111m and taking its ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd and UASC shake on merger deal – now it's up to the shareholders
Negotiations on the merger of Hapag-Lloyd and United Arab Shipping Company (UASC) appear to have ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times