News / Hapag-Lloyd to merge with UASC after secret talks with Gulf owners
Hapag-Lloyd is to merge with UASC. The news follows the Dubai-headquartered carrier being excluded from the new ...
News / Shippers prepare risk-mitigation plans ahead of anticipated boxship alliance shake-up
With a radical overhaul of liner shipping’s alliance structure increasingly certain over the next 12 ...
News / Next round of 'musical chairs' among container shipping alliances 'will be revealed next month'
The next iteration of global shipping alliances should become clearer by the end of April, ...
News / Bad weather hits Felixstowe, so UASC diverts more sailings to London Gateway
Adverse weather at the UK’s biggest container port, Felixstowe, caused more disruption last week, and ...
News / Container shipping pricing set for major change, consigning the suspect GRI to a watery grave
RIP the GRI. For at least three years, the major shipping lines may no longer attempt ...
Recommends / Box lines offer to change pricing policy to appease EU antitrust probe
GRIs could become a thing of the past as the major container shipping lines try ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd to impose post-CNY rate hikes as blanked sailings slow the pace of price decline
Hapag-Lloyd today announced a new general rate increase (GRI) of $900 per teu on headhaul ...
News / UK customers get heated after fire on UASC Barzan leads to 'two-week' delay
Ocean Three alliance customers in the UK were left seething with frustration this week after ...
News / 'Go global or go home' the message to niche lines following HS-UASC alliance
“The message is clear,” said Drewry in its weekly container analysis this morning. “The mantra ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 4.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 5.US forwarder offered 'personal shopper' service to evade tough export regulations
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times