Yang Ming Headlines
News / Yang Ming set to receive further government cash to help keep it afloat
In a further move to reassure shippers of its continued financial viability, Taiwanese container line Yang Ming ...
News / Yang Ming: reports of our impending financial death have been greatly exaggerated
Yang Ming today sought to reassure customers and suppliers on its solvency as a global ...
News / Red flag for Yang Ming as container line is weighed down by billion-dollar losses
Following the bankruptcy of Hanjin, Taiwan’s Yang Ming is now the container line in the greatest financial ...
Recommends / Taiwan government urged to help debt-ridden Yang Ming
Shortly after senior Taiwanese shipping line executives denounced suggestions that its two main shipping lines, ...
News / THE Alliance is next new container shipping group to unveil planned services
THE Alliance – Hapag-Lloyd, K Line, MOL, NYK and Yang Ming – have announced their ...
People / Yang Ming picks Evergreen's Bronson Hsieh as its new chairman
Yang Ming has appointed the former vice chairman of Evergreen Group, Chih-Chien (Bronson) Hsieh, as ...
News / New container line alliance may find it has 'too many cooks in its kitchen', suggests Drewry
“Alliances are only as stable as their member carriers,” was maritime consultant Drewry’s first comment on plans to ...
News / Six carriers sign five-year agreement to form new alliance – but Hyundai must wait to join
Troubled South Korean carrier Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) appears to be the loser – temporarily ...
So much depending on just a few – container shipping in 2016
The short-term health of the containership market rests with the liner companies which stayed on ...
- 1.Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
- 2.Maersk retreats as Brazil's imports drift away, leaving no containers for exports
- 3.FedEx still paying the price for its acquisition of 'under-invested' TNT
- 4.Shareholders demand change at DX Group – chairman Holt in the crosshairs
- 5.NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
- 1. Jens Opara on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 2. Mark Hawkins on Air freight rates out of Asia soar as capacity tightens – 'congestion equals dollars'
- 3. email@example.com on Hi-tech new blood won't disrupt air cargo, it brings new life
- 4. Alfred Ellis on Asia-Europe shippers 'over a barrel' as carriers use capacity crunch to hike rates
- 5. Watanabe on Carriers bid to impress shippers with faster Asia-North Europe transit times