News / Container shipping sets sail for historic volume of consolidation in 2017
The number of container lines with an operating capacity of over 200,000 teu has reduced ...
News / Containership scrapping ramps up, as panamax values continue in the doldrums
Two hundred and one containerships and just under 700,000 container slots have been scrapped this ...
News / Zim restructures services as it faces life as an independent carrier on the transpacific
Zim has announced a “standalone” restructuring of its transpacific service from April after the recent combined ...
News / Zim and THE Alliance to offer joint Mediterranean-US east coast services next year
THE Alliance and Israeli carrier Zim are to combine Mediterranean-US east coast services next April. Subject to regulatory ...
News / Determined to stand alone, niche player Zim is happy with Q3 results
Just as the liner shipping market seems to be pointing only one way – towards ...
News / Japanese box line merger to spark more consolidation – 'fewer but stronger carriers'
The merger of the three Japanese container divisions, scheduled for April 2018, could trigger another wave ...
News / Zim 2016 losses are mounting up, but container line says 'we can cope'
Zim Integrated Shipping Services recorded a $74m net loss in the second quarter of the ...
News / Zim could join HMM in 2M as shipping alliance eyes transpacific marketshare grab
Israeli carrier Zim could also become a partner in an enlarged 2M alliance, according to ...
News / GRIs bring positive spin to Asia-Europe container trades as carriers eye a better peak season
Confidence would appear to be returning to the boardrooms of Asia-Europe shipping lines as container ...
- 1.London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 2.DSV eyes return to acquisition trail as profits rise and UTi fits in nicely
- 3.Now CMA CGM signs with Alibaba for online booking of container space
- 4.Up to 200 jobs to go at Toll Group as domestic operations falter
- 5.Analysis: acquisitive DSV – market predator or prey for PE?
- 1. Alex Lennane on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 2. on With shipping coalitions set for launch, HMM snaps up more Hanjin terminals
- 3. DS on Atlas Air takes pilots to court as it attempts to stem growing labour costs
- 4. peter marjoram on London Gateway wins first Asia-Europe liner service in shipping alliance reshuffle
- 5. firstname.lastname@example.org on Expansion-hungry Zeaborn boosts heavylift footprint with Rickmers buy