Transport Intelligence Report: Global E-Commerce Logistics 2018
Global e-commerce Logistics 2018 includes the latest research on the rapidly changing e-commerce logistics sector.
As e-commerce markets become more mature, consumer expectations on deliveries are evolving dramatically. No doubt these demands placed on retailers, last mile and e-fulfilment providers will continue to drive changes in the industry for many years to come.
The report examines trends such as the rise of cross-border e-commerce, city logistics and on-demand delivery platforms and proposes concrete solutions to improve last mile and e-fulfilment operations to meet rapidly evolving customer expectations. Frictionless returns in particular are becoming a competitive advantage and the report examines a number of product features that facilitate a smooth and efficient returns service.
Inside the report
The report also contains Ti’s bespoke e-commerce logistics market sizing, growth rates and forecasts at a global, regional and country level. We also examine cost structures in e-commerce logistics, investigating how company e-commerce logistics costs as a % of sales vary by retail channel, vertical sector, geography and more. We examine how costs have evolved over time, and what the typical division is between last-mile and fulfilment costs.
In addition, the report contains the view from the industry thanks to Ti’s e-commerce logistics survey. The survey, which segments responses by shipper and LSP, investigates issues such as the pace of B2B vs B2C e-commerce growth, the pace of domestic vs cross border growth, the brand perception of last-mile players, whether online retailers will outsource more in the next five years, whether e-commerce logistics costs as a % of sales will increase over the next five years, the leading challenges in e-commerce logistics, peak season strategies, leading threats to LSPs and technology adoption.
It also features strategic profiles of 10 leading online retailers and 11 leading logistics providers. It suggests ways to keep ahead of the competition and compete with the biggest players. This is complemented by an assessment of the structure of the e-fulfilment and last-mile logistics markets. Ti provides insight into who the leading e-fulfilment logistics providers are, identifying the top traditional LSPs and comparing them to the scale of the e-fulfilment logistics services of the likes of Amazon, Alibaba and JD. We also make clear the role of other market segments, such as the scale and number of mid-size LSPs, and the role of startups, smaller and niche LSPs and multi-channel retailers.
Finally, the report examines the most significant technologies enabling companies to redesign their operating models and how they are being deployed to enhance customer service.
Overall, the report provides a comprehensive analysis of e-commerce logistics trends and developments; practical recommendations to improve e-retail returns processes; unique insights through our survey on topics that would be impossible to explore through secondary research; a chapter investigating e-commerce technological developments; detailed modelling of cost structures, market sizing and forecasts; strategic profiles of leading online retailers and e-commerce logistics providers and finally how such players are responding to the rise of e-commerce giants such as Amazon, Alibaba and JD.
Where are the opportunities for cross border e-commerce?
- What do retailers need to do to compete effectively with Amazon?
- Who are the largest e-fulfilment logistics providers, what are their growth strategies, and what sort of a threat to the likes of Amazon, Alibaba and JD pose?
- Which product features should retailers offer to facilitate a smooth and efficiency returns service?
- Which e-commerce logistics markets will grow fastest in future?
The report answers
- What do e-commerce logistics cost structures look like and how are they changing?
- What are the implications of on-demand delivery platforms and implications for the parcels sector?
- Will outsourcing become more prevalent and how does this differ between pure plays and multi-channel retailers?
- What are the main solutions to overcome city logistics challenges?
- What are the main points in e-commerce logistics according to supply chain executives and what strategies are they employing to overcome them?
This report is available to download today – for a sample of this report please click HERE