News / Ocean carriers hit by costlier fuel, now face spike in charter hire rates
Already facing higher fuel costs, ocean carriers could now be hit by a rise in ...
News / ONE 'plays it safe' with no major changes to services and commercial contacts
Alphaliner’s analysis of Ocean Network Express’s Day ONE service network from April 1 – outside ...
News / Idle containership fleet falls below 100 as demand for tonnage remains tight
The number of containerships in lay-up has dipped below 100, according to Alphaliner. Its latest survey reveals strong demand ...
News / MPC fleet growth ambitions challenged by rise in second-hand vessel prices
Niche sector specialist MPC Container Ships posted its first quarterly profit in Q3 as it ...
News / Cosco takes biggest container line title from Maersk after a bumper Q3
A 23% increase in containers lifted allowed Cosco to steal the top spot from Maersk Line in ...
News / No box trade supply-demand balance until end 2019, says Alphaliner
Recent forecasts from ocean carriers that a supply-demand equilibrium will be reached next year are “optimistic”, ...
News / Tradelane rivalry may scupper partnership of 14 Korean shipping lines, warns analyst
Yesterday’s partnership agreement between 14 South Korean shipping lines falls far short of the consolidation ...
News / Cosco acquisition of OOCL still faces “a degree of uncertainty”
Cosco Shipping Holdings resumed trading on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE) today, more than two ...
News / Containership supply tight, but carrier clout brings charter rates back down
Despite a limited supply in several sectors, daily hire charter rates for container vessels are ...
News / More liner shipping consolidation will 'put pressure on smaller carriers'
Last year’s rapid increase in liner shipping consolidation activity is likely to continue, according to speakers and delegates ...
- 1.GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 2.'Secret' Hamburg Sud accounts reveal reason for sale to Maersk
- 3.Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 4.Tight capacity and strong demand conspire to push US trucking contract rates to new highs
- 5.Air freight industry failed its high-paying customers in a fourth quarter of 'complete mayhem'
- 1. Robert Keen on Will digitisation kill off the forwarder?
- 2. Jim Oz on GMB union claims it warned KFC that DHL would fail its supply chain
- 3. Stewart on GMB union claims UK Mail 'pay cut or no job' offer to 6,000 drivers is illegal
- 4. Ingvar Bergman on HMM poised to launch independent high-speed Asia-North Europe service
- 5. Capt.Md.Hedayetul Islam on Answering your questions on switch bills of lading