Antitrust Investigations Headlines
Recommends / German antitrust agency fines tug operators
Three tug companies are facing fines of more than $15m by the German antitrust regulator ...
News / EC regulators approve Cosco takeover of OOCL, despite market share fears
The EC competition directorate has formally approved the takeover of OOCL by China’s Cosco, despite ...
News / Hamburg Süd fleet could be cut as Maersk faces up to takeover conditions
Following the completion of Maersk Line’s $4.4bn acquisition of Hamburg Süd on 30 November, the ...
Recommends / BA cargo cartel appeal rejected
The European Court of Justice has dismissed British Airway’s attempts to have a €104m air ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd eyes market share grab on Asia-South America container trades
There are “opportunities” for Hapag-Lloyd to gain market share in Latin America as a result ...
Recommends / Investigation finds China’s top ports have been ripping off shipping lines for years
Who would have thunk it? That state-owned ports restrict competition and abuse market position to price-gouge ...
News / Maersk gets green light for Hamburg Süd acquisition from Brazil
Brazil’s competition watchdog has cleared the acquisition of Hamburg Süd by Maersk, after the Danish ...
News / Hong Kong secures its shipping hub status with nod to vessel-sharing agreements
The Hong Kong Competition Commission has issued a five-year block exemption order for liner shipping ...
Recommends / Cargo airlines appeal EC cartel decision again
Eleven major cargo airlines facing combined fines of €776m are seeking an annulment of a ...
News / Cartel of truck manufacturers could face a compensation bill of nearly £4bn
A second law firm and a financier have joined a class action against a group of ...
- 1.Port-Liner launches first emission-free barges on Europe's waterways
- 2.Three Japanese carriers looking forward to coming together as ONE
- 3.Southampton hits back at haulier claims of container logjams at the port
- 4.Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion
- 5.Carriers start to defer ULCV deliveries in the face of overcapacity and softer demand
- 1. Alex Lennane on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 2. email@example.com on Amazon buys more land at Cincinnati airport in $1.5bn air freight hub development
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Choose a ‘happy’ colour for liner success
- 4. Chris Osborne on Costs rise at Southampton as bigger ships and new services drive box congestion
- 5. Stephen Dearman on Andrew Peeler takes over from Mike Cooper as Yodel CEO