Antitrust Investigations Headlines
News / NYK, K Line and MOL pass first marker buoy en route to the merger
The Competition Commission of Singapore (CCS) has become the first jurisdiction to approve the container ...
News / Investors get nervous as DoJ subpoenas CEOs of major carriers at the Box Club
Container shipping line share prices declined sharply today after news that US Department of Justice (DoJ) investigators served ...
News / EC competition watchdog reimposes €776m fine for air cargo cartel carriers
Ten airfreight carriers accused of being in a price-fixing cartel are to have annulled fines totalling €776m ...
Recommends / Eleven air cargo carriers face €800m bill – again
The ugly spectre of the air cargo cartel has come to the fore again. Eleven ...
Recommends / China fines 14 shipping lines over failure to disclose rates
Seatrade today reports that the Chinese Ministry of Transport has cracked the whip by dishing out ...
News / Maersk first line to settle Russian anti-competition case sparked by 'illegal' GRIs
Maersk Line has agreed to pay $230,000 to settle a four-year competition case with Russia’s ...
News / FMC commissioner slams green light for joint tug booking by foreign ro-ro carriers
The Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) will allow a consortium of ro-ro shipping lines to jointly negotiate ...
News / New probe ordered into 'cartel' claims by India's air cargo agents against IATA
India’s competition authority has been ordered to re-investigate claims by air cargo agents that IATA ...
News / Hapag-Lloyd gets EC competition green light to complete UASC merger
The European Commission yesterday approved the merger between Hapag-Lloyd and UASC – subject to the latter withdrawing from ...
- 1.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 2.Alliance revamp 'a disaster', bringing chaos to Asia-Europe tradelanes
- 3.Containerships being diverted to avoid congestion at port of Shanghai
- 4.1,700 more redundancies as Japan Post pays the price for costly Toll takeover
- 5.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 1. Andy Lane on 'Think outside the box, and outside the industry, for customer-focused staff'
- 2. email@example.com on 'Think outside the box, and outside the industry, for customer-focused staff'
- 3. firstname.lastname@example.org on Gavin Murray joins The Loadstar to help develop business
- 4. email@example.com on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 5. Tim on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts