Antitrust Investigations Headlines
News / China gives COSCO $6.3bn takeover of OOCL last-minute go-ahead
China’s anti-monopoly bureau has given the green light to COSCO’s $6.3bn takeover of OOIL, including ...
News / Competition red tape may tie major carriers in too many knots for more M&A
The era of large-scale consolidation among the major container carriers is likely at an end, delegates ...
News / COSCO takeover of OOCL threatened by China-US trade spat
The $6.3bn COSCO takeover of Orient Overseas International Lines (OOIL) and its container line arm, ...
Recommends / Indian antitrust body fines airlines over cargo price-fixing
Three Indian carriers have been hit with multi-million-dollar penalties for price-fixing and revising fuel surcharges. The ...
Recommends / UPS sues EU for $2.1bn after botched veto of TNT bid
UPS is set to return to European courts to win compensation for alleged damages from its ...
News / EC imposes €395m fine on car carrier cartel, but whistleblower MOL wins immunity
The European Commission’s competition directorate has levied fines totalling €395m on four car carriers for ...
News / NYK faces loss of ¥2bn and probes embezzlement claims at car-carrier subsidiary
Shipping line NYK faces a ¥2bn ($18.5m) financial hit after allegations that former managers were involved in illegal spending and ...
Recommends / EU antitrust regulators to fine NYK, Wilhelmsen and other car-carriers
Car-carrying lines are set to face the wrath of EU antitrust regulators after being caught ...
News / Maersk takeover of Hamburg Süd may disrupt Asia-Latin America trades, warning
Maersk Line’s acquisition of Latin American specialist carrier Hamburg Süd could be a disruptive influence on ...
- 1.Containership chaos at port of Antwerp after pilots stage a walkout
- 2.Freight train derailment deals another blow to ailing UK logistics sector
- 3.Damco to be part of Maersk Line, and Seago and MCC merge with SeaLand
- 4.Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 5.UK haulage crisis tightens its grip as shippers face a delay 'double-whammy'
- 1. Lana Gunia on How to take NYC back to its maritime roots
- 2. Jesse Borghmans on Analysis: CMA CGM is 'looking for opportunities' – Zim or Evergreen?
- 3. Gary Ferrulli on Carriers' low-sulphur fuel surcharges may be 'blatant profiteering', says BIFA
- 4. Customer on Forwarder backlash hits Volga-Dnepr after carrier group's 'no brokers' edict
- 5. Bob Battersby on BMW to shut UK Mini plant for at least a month on Brexit day