Antitrust Investigations Headlines
News / Competition red tape may tie major carriers in too many knots for more M&A
The era of large-scale consolidation among the major container carriers is likely at an end, delegates ...
News / COSCO takeover of OOCL threatened by China-US trade spat
The $6.3bn COSCO takeover of Orient Overseas International Lines (OOIL) and its container line arm, ...
Recommends / Indian antitrust body fines airlines over cargo price-fixing
Three Indian carriers have been hit with multi-million-dollar penalties for price-fixing and revising fuel surcharges. The ...
Recommends / UPS sues EU for $2.1bn after botched veto of TNT bid
UPS is set to return to European courts to win compensation for alleged damages from its ...
News / EC imposes €395m fine on car carrier cartel, but whistleblower MOL wins immunity
The European Commission’s competition directorate has levied fines totalling €395m on four car carriers for ...
News / NYK faces loss of ¥2bn and probes embezzlement claims at car-carrier subsidiary
Shipping line NYK faces a ¥2bn ($18.5m) financial hit after allegations that former managers were involved in illegal spending and ...
Recommends / EU antitrust regulators to fine NYK, Wilhelmsen and other car-carriers
Car-carrying lines are set to face the wrath of EU antitrust regulators after being caught ...
News / Maersk takeover of Hamburg Süd may disrupt Asia-Latin America trades, warning
Maersk Line’s acquisition of Latin American specialist carrier Hamburg Süd could be a disruptive influence on ...
News / Ocean Network Express cleared for April launch as last regulatory barrier is cleared
South Africa’s competition watchdog has approved the merger of three Japanese container shipping lines, NYK, MOL ...
Recommends / German antitrust agency fines tug operators
Three tug companies are facing fines of more than $15m by the German antitrust regulator ...
- 1.Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 2.Volga-Dnepr stuns the market with multi-billion dollar order for Boeing freighters
- 3.Customers search for capacity with the future of cargo at Etihad in the air
- 4.Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
- 5.Carriers announce price rises as peak season looms and rates falter
- 1. Alan on Analysis: Hapag-Lloyd, CMA CGM, K+N and 'a remarkable businessman'
- 2. Chris on Concerns over number of UK shippers signed up for 'trusted trader' status
- 3. email@example.com on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 4. Kyle Stone on ANALYSIS - The possible benefits of a partial tie-up between Kuehne + Nagel and Panalpina
- 5. Janny Kok on Dover-Calais trade 'facing economic catastrophe' due to Brexit