Recommends / Mind the gap: Netherlands vs Belgium in the container port business
A comparison of Belgian and Dutch ports. Rotterdam is busiest, with 12.3m teu throughput in 2016, ...
News / PSA saw global container throughput grow 5.5% last year
Singapore’s terminal operator PSA today reported that it handled 67.63m teu across both its international ...
News / Port of Antwerp bucks regional trend as it passes 10m teu marker in 2016
In 2016, the port of Antwerp will have handled more than 10m teu for the ...
People / Jacques Vandermeiren new CEO of Port of Antwerp
Port of Antwerp has appointed Jacques Vandermeiren as its new chief executive. Mr Vandermeiren’s appointment – ...
News / Strong Q3 sees port of Rotterdam bounce back ahead of alliance network rejig
Container throughput at the port of Rotterdam edged down just 0.4% in the first nine ...
News / Bullish Rotterdam convinced new terminals can win back box business lost to Antwerp
The port of Rotterdam is confident that it will regain container business lost to neighbouring ...
News / Shippers blame ULCVs for causing congestion and delays at European hub ports
Despite a reduction in weekly capacity and port calls on the main Asia-Europe trade, both ...
News / Big is beautiful when it comes to containerships, a myth says ocean freight industry
Ultra-large container vessels (ULCVs) are neither beautiful or desirable, and even their green credentials are ...
News / Hamburg overtaken by Antwerp and relegated to third place in European box port rankings
The port of Hamburg saw the number of containers processed at its terminals in 2015 ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers