APM Terminals Headlines
News / Container rates war drags APMM profits down, but group stays bullish
AP Møller Maersk (APMM) saw underlying profit drop to $711m in 2016, compared with $3.1bn ...
News / Port and container terminal consolidation can mitigate the impact of ULCVs
Port and terminal consolidation is the “only long-term answer” to mitigate the impact of fewer ...
News / Era of container terminal alliances nears after FMC approves Miami operator agreement
Last month’s decision by the US Federal Maritime Commission to authorise two terminal operators in ...
News / Cross-selling and co-operation the key to Maersk's 'new direction'
Maersk’s decision to pay a premium $4bn for Hamburg Süd was influenced by the integration ...
News / Boost for UK intermodal sector as APMT sells Pentalver trucking unit to Freightliner owner
APM Terminals has agreed to sell its UK container haulage business Pentalver to Freightliner owner ...
Comment / Analysis: Maersk executives eye a rising tide of risks as they consider their options
Executives at Denmark’s AP Møller-Maersk (APMM) care a lot about their shareholders – it appears ...
Recommends / Foundations crumbling under APMT's prestigious African port project
Fascinating article from Danish publication ShippingWatch on the prospects for APM Terminals’ flagship greenfield container ...
News / Another quarter in the red, but Maersk Line chief sees smoother sailing on the horizon
Maersk Line remained in the red in the third quarter, today reporting a net loss ...
News / China Cosco and Qingdao buy Vado stakes as port sector M&A activity heats up
China Cosco Shipping Ports has invested €53m in APM Terminals’ Vado operation in return for ...
- 1.Yang Ming share trading halted as carrier moves to reduce share count
- 2.Yang Ming sends out 'don't panic' message to quell shipper fears
- 3.Emirates SkyCargo returns to fuel surcharges – 'more accurate and transparent'
- 4.Strong demand means air freight shippers must expect higher prices
- 5.Revenue up at K+N in Q1, but exchange rates and rising costs bite into profits
- 1. Dan on CEVA unveils refinancing plan to provide breathing space over mounting debts
- 2. WillamBrantree on John Lloyd to leave Virgin Atlantic Cargo after 30 years
- 3. Alejandro on Analysis: K+N on a roll, but is Panalpina the next major takeover target?
- 4. Oldersachem01 on Analysis: COSCO may be unsinkable, but it's sailing in very choppy waters
- 5. VarAway on Union calls on Levi Strauss to weigh into battle over sacked dockers