News / Threat to container charter market as carriers drift towards heavy losses
While container shipping lines face soaring operational costs, recent signs that they are preparing to suspend ...
News / Melbourne set to benefit as box carriers increase vessel capacity on ex-Asia routes
The size of container vessels calling at the port of Melbourne looks set to dramatically ...
News / APL extends premium container booking scheme to transatlantic and Asia-Australasia services
CMA CGM-owned APL is extending its priority Eagle GO Guaranteed container booking service to the ...
News / CMA CGM to increase its South Pacific footprint with acquisition of Sofrana Unilines
CMA CGM has reached an agreement to acquire South Pacific container line Sofrana Unilines. The acquisition ...
News / Congestion at Shanghai fails to help spot rates out of Asia
Capacity issues at European ports may have boosted spot rates for Europe-Asia sailings but reports ...
News / Failed container shipping venture bankrupts Australia's Great Southern line
Australian container line Great Southern Shipping (GSS) filed for insolvency on 23 December and will ...
News / Carriers pin their hopes for 2017 contracts on spot rates holding firm
The next six weeks are critical for Asia-Europe carriers as they try to nail down ...
Recommends / Tauranga port doubles up
Interesting item from last week’s World Cargo News on the latest developments in New Zealand ...
- 1.New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 2.Analysis: has DSV got a new M&A deal up its corporate sleeve?
- 3.Truck driver shortage crisis now spreading across the whole of Europe
- 4.As e-commerce sales grow, 'free delivery' becomes more of a myth, says DHL
- 5.CMA CGM first container line to sign up with Freightos online booking
- 1. Alex@coollogisticsconference.com on Four trophies for The Loadstar specialists at Seahorse journalism awards 2018
- 2. Andreas Kout on E-commerce revenue up, but traditional services bring Clipper more profit
- 3. Kevin Tovey on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 4. Paul Clifton on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive
- 5. Graham on New EC rules on working conditions may make truck driving more attractive